chapter 1: a tale of love

POV 3rd person 

the village was under attack, they had come from nowhere, pillagers, everywhere, most of the defenders of the Village had been killed by the advance of the enemy. A pillager captain was leading the attack. 

him and two pushed up the main street, a young girl, no older than 5 was hiding under a bench. the captain flipped it over and pointed the crossbow and the young girl. then an arrow hit him in the head. the Captain stumbled back and fell over dead. 

A woman who looked in their mid-30s, with clear blue eyes, light brown hair, a tall figure and was quickly pulling out another arrow. a crossbow fired and the woman nimbly dodged to the left and fired another arrow. 

the second Pillage was dead. the woman found herself out of arrows, she chucked the bow away and pulled out an iron sword. she know she wasn't quick enough to get to the pillager, she might have dodged the crossbow, but she didn't want to take the risk.

The woman said her arm and a blue portal appeared and she jumped through, the Pillager walked forward. "Come out and met your...." The iron sword went through the Pillager's chest. 

the woman pulled the sword out as the young girl looked up at her, and the woman helped her out. "Go find your mom," she said. 

"Sheila watch out!" Someone called. the building burst open and a wall smashed down as a ravager smashed into her. sending her flying. Sheila sat up as the ravager rammed at her she was lunched up into the air and opened a portal under her and above the ravager landing on it. 

Sheila brought her sword down into the back of the creature, killing it. she pulled out the sword the blood dripping from it. she whipped the sweat from her forehead. "300 years of fighting and this is still very tieing," She said. 

there was a hum from behind her and she turned and there were 3 dozen Pillagers. "Oh for Fu...." She didn't finish as lightning struck between the pillagers. killing them as the bodies dropped one man was still standing, with a blue shirt and dark brown hair. 

he lowered his arm, his white glowing eye stared and Sheila look back into them. this feeling she got looking at him. "Who are you?" She asked. the man turned to leave. Sheila opened another blue portal and ended up in front of him. "You're not leaving until I know who you are,"  

"Herobrine," the man said. 

"Look, I don't know who you are, but can I buy the man who saved a drink?" Sheila asked. 

"I don't drink," Herobrine said. 

"where do you live?" Sheila asked

"I don't," 

"Well, how about you stay at mine tonight? I need to thank you for saving me," 

Herobrine thought for a moment. "that would be nice," He answered. 

"Why did you save me?" Sheila asked as they started to walk.

"A feeling I haven't had...when I looked at you, a feeling I haven't felt in a long time," Herobrine answered. 

the two walked entered the small one-floor home. nice and simple. "you can have the sofa," Sheila said. 

"Thank you," Herobrine said. "You should sleep it is late," he said. 

Sheila nodded. "I'll see you in the morning," she entered her small breakroom, and closed the door, she didn't have pyjamas to wear. instead, choosing to sleep in a top too long for her. she slept well that night, dreaming of the battle and of Herobrine. 

the morning came soon enough for her as she left her room, she walked into the front room and almost jumped out of her skin as Herobrine was standing by the door holding a plate of food, clearly freshly made. "I thought I would return the kindness you showed me," he said. 

"Oh," Sheila said smiling. "Thank you, did you not cook yourself any?" she asked.

Herobrine shook his head. "I don't need to eat, I can, but I choose not to, I have a question, how old are you?" he asked.  

Sheila took the plate and walked over to the table. "Don't you know to never ask a woman her age?" she asked. 

Herobrine seemed flustered by the remark. "I...Ummm, I" he stumbled out. 

Sheila laughed. "I'm joking, I'm joking, I'm 321, I'm part Enderkin, so I don't seem to age, at least not much," She explained. she turned to look up at him. "I have a question, are you alone? no family?" She asked. 

"I had a brother once, a very very long time ago, we...We no longer speak, I haven't heard from him in a while," Herobrine said saddened. 

Sheila looked at him concerned. "Oh, that's....would you like to stay here for a while? I know you have no reason to," 

Herobrine smiled, his eyes even flashing from white even for only a moment, but Sheila noticed. "Thank you, I could do with a week's rest before I move on," 

"Well I need to get dressed," Sheila said, Herobrine looked at her and seemed to realise only then that she was only wearing the baggy T-shirt. he looked away. Sheila stood and walked away to her bedroom returning a moment later. dressed in an undersuit with bits of leather armour. "I'm heading into town, need to do some shopping want to come?" She asked. 

"No, I will wait here, People stare at the eyes," herobrine said. "But thank you," he answered. 

a few hours later. 

"Herobrine?" Sheila asked walking in. she walked slowly into the house. "You here still?" She asked. he was passed out on the sofa, she laughed at him and placed the shopping on the kitchen side. 

Sheila went over to Herobrine and smiled. she felt that feeling again, it was then she realised. "Crap, I've fallen in love," she declared. 

Herobrine stirred. "What did you say?" he asked. 

"I've fallen in mud!" Sheila answered quickly. "do you want to read a book or something? the Piallgers won't be back for a while," 

Herobrine sat up. "Got anything interesting?" he asked. 

Sheila shrugged. "simple I'll just take us to the town library," and a blue portal appeared. "Come on," She said grabbing his hand and dragging them through. 

the library was about middle-sized enough room the walls lined with books. the two searched pulling out a handful. "So random question, have you ever wanted a family?" Herobrine asked. 

Sheila stopped. "Yes, in fact, I've always wanted a daughter, and a son, the perfect family, I know it's not likely, but I was an only child so I've always wanted two, they could be there for each other," 

Herobrine nodded. "The bond between siblings is strong, I would know," Herobrine said. "I believe I have all the books I need," 

"I'll pay and we'll head back to my house," Sheila said. She paid with 2 gold bars and the pair went through a portal back to the house, they sat next to each other and read. 

(A/N new book exploring Crystal's story before the events of book, I hope you all enjoy and here's a better look at the cover,)