mason appleton - jets

Start from the beginning

"great game, nice to meet you." she stuck her hand out and i shook it.

"thanks. you too." riley and kecia shared a look that i couldn't understand.

the family and y/n were soon leaving and i followed them out.

"see ya soon apps!" riley said as he got in his car.

"see ya!" i called back and walked towards my car.

once i got in, i knew i should've gotten y/n's number.

two weeks later
y/n's pov

"y/n! hey, so i wanted to ask if you wanted to go to a team event with me because i'd like you to come and riley said that i could bring you if i wanted so i'm asking." kecia said as i answered her phone call.

"oh um okay! when is it?" i agreed.

"this saturday, i'd love if you could make it." it's currently thursday so i have a lot of time to get ready for it.

"yeah, i'm free that day so i'll come."

"great! i'll text you the details later. see ya y/n!"

"bye kec!" i hung up the phone and turned my attention back to the show i was watching. looks like i'll be seeing mason again.

saturday

i put on one of my favourite outfits dressy and shoes for the kraken event.

i still didn't feel like i deserved to be going but anything to make kecia happy.

i showed up at the restaurant where the event was being held and i found the sheahan family sitting at one of the long tables.

"hey!" i said as i sat down on the chair next to kecia.

"hey!" she hugged me, "so glad you could make it!"

"of course!" i hugged her back.

guys started showing up and kecia introduced me to them and they all seemed really nice.

mason walked in and started bro hugging the guys he saw and sat down next to me. i really didn't expect him to sit next to me but i'm not complaining.

"hey." he spoke to all of us.

"hey." riley and kec said to him.

"hi." i said quietly.

he looked at me, "hello beautiful." he said quietly so the others wouldn't hear and smiled at me.

damn, he's perfect.

throughout the night, mason and i gravitated towards each other.

we really just clicked.

it was getting late and i needed to get home soon so i'm not grouchy tomorrow.

"i'm going to head back to my house. it's getting late." i said sadly to mason. the sheahan's were long gone so me and mason ate dinner together and ended up getting each other's numbers.

"aw okay. i'll see you soon. text me." he winked and smiled at me and i laughed at him.

i waved as i walked out of the restaurant and made my way to where i parked my car.

i have a feeling mason's going to be special.

two months later

mason and i became best friends so quickly, it sad in the blink of an eye.

we love talking together, laughing together and watching the sun set is one of our favourite things to do when we're together.

but, over time, i've developed a little crush on him. yeah, yeah, we haven't known each other that long but sometimes, you just know.

i'm dead scared to tell him though. rejection is the only reason. like i don't want to ruin my friendship with him.

mason's pov

i like her. i like her so much it's not even funny. i have to tell her before she walks away.

today, i've got the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend.

i've decided, it's going to be simple. just us relaxing, talking, and i'm going to ask her. she means so much me that i have to ask.

we were just watching tv when i knew i had to ask her. i paused the tv and looked at her.

"why'd you pause it?" she asked.

"cause i need to ask you something. i've loved our time being friends. but i want to be more. so i'm asking you if you'd like to be my girlfriend?" before i knew it, she was kissing me.

she was kissing me and i loved it. she pulled away and blushed.

i smiled at her, "is that a yes?"

"yes." she leaned in a lightly kissed my lips again. god i already love this.

march
y/n's pov

i was just finishing up my day at work when i got a call from mason.

"hey babe." i answered and waved to my coworkers on my way out.

"hey, i have some news." he said sternly.

"oh, okay. um, i'll be home soon so you can tell me then." i didn't want to do something like this over the phone when he seems pretty serious about it.

"okay, yeah, i'll see you at home." he hung up the phone. that was weird.

i walked into the living room and mason was sitting on the couch. he stood up once he noticed me and hugged me.

"i got traded." he mumbled into my hair.

no. no, no, no, no, no. this can't be happening.

"where?" i asked him.

"back to winnipeg." he sobbed.

winnipeg? that's so far. we won't be able to be together at that distance. oh god, this is so tough.

i pulled out of the hug and grabbed his hands.

"well," i sadly smiled, "this is it isn't it?"

"i guess it is."

"i loved my time with you." i looped my arms under his and put my hands on his back. "i really did."

"i love you."

"i love you too."

a/n:
part 2??? i'm probably going to anyways lol