mason appleton - jets

dude's so underrated so imma give him all the love lmao he's so cute

my friend kecia sheahan and i decided to go to a kraken game. kecia is riley sheahan's wife and i'm her best friend so it was a great way for us to hang out together.

we showed up at climate pledge arena at around 7:30 pm as the game started at 8:00 pm.

kecia brought slater, their baby, to the game too so later we can go in the locker room and see riley with slater. i've been put in charge of filming when they see each other so wish me luck.

we sat down in our seats in the 100 level. we talked and played with slater while waiting for the game to start.

the game started and two quick goals by the senators which was disappointing and that was the story of the 1st period.

"that's nice." kecia said sarcastically.

"yeah, really great." i said, going along with what she was doing.

the second period started and the kraken got a goal. from a guy named mason appleton. no clue who that is but thanks i guess.

"who's that?" i asked kec.

"mason appleton?" i nodded, "he's really nice, you'd like him." she nearly had to shout to get me to hear because people were going crazy.

a few more goals for both sides. appleton had himself another goal too. hatty time.

third started and appleton had the puck again right away of the face off. he went to the net and dangled a bit before shooting. it went in the and the place went ballistic.

hats were soon littering the ice and workers had come out to collect them.

the game soon ended with a 6-5 win for the kraken. kecia and i headed down to the locker room to see riley, he ended up scoring the game winning goal in the final seconds of the game.

we waiting outside until some guys started coming out and i got my phone ready to film and take pictures of the family.

mason's pov

that was probably the best game of my career. i've never scored a hatty like that. i was the first star too.

i was heading out of the locker room while talking to sheahan. when we left the locker room, his wife and baby were there and this really cute girl.

he must not have known they were there because the girl was filming them and his face said it all.

i stood next to the cute girl filming and smiled at her. she smiled back and god was her smile beautiful.

kecia and riley were talking to her soon and i was just awkwardly standing there.

"oh y/n! this is mason, the guy who scored the hat trick." kecia pointed at me and the girl, who's name i now know is y/n, smiled at me.