jonathan huberdeau - panthers

jonathan's pov

jonathan's pov

today, i was going to ask y/n to marry me.

god was i nervous. we've been together for six years and oh god have i loved it.

i told her we were going to be taking some couple photos on the beach, which is true but they're actually going to be our engagement photos too.

"babe! do these pants look alright?" i asked her.

"yeah, they look great." she replied, smiling.

"thanks, we gotta go soon."

"ah, i'm so excited. i'll go start the car." she walked out of the room.

now i can grab the ring without her noticing.

i jumped in the car and started it.

"where are we going?" y/n asked.

"a beach near by." i answered.

"oh my gosh, the photos are going to look so cute."

i smiled at her and she grabbed my hand.

after a short drive we arrived at the beach.

"hey liz!" i said to the photographer when she arrived. "how are you?"

"i'm great, how are you two?"

"we're good." y/n said.

we started walking to the beach and i exchanged a knowing grace with liz.

i had told her everything and she was so excited to get to do a proposal.

liz had y/n and i do some poses, walk along the beach hand in hand and many other things for some pictures.

it wasn't until we were close to a pier when i gave liz a thumbs up to signal i was going to do it at any moment.

she smiled and nodded.

y/n's pov

jonathan and i were taking a few more pictures by the pier when he suddenly grabbed both my hands.

"hey," he said, nervously. "i know this might come as a shock to you, but," he got down on one knee.

yeah, it was a shock.

"will you marry me?" he looked at me hopefully.

"yes, of course." i grabbed his face and kissed him.

"i love you." he mumbled into my lips.

"i love you more." i smiled at him.

a:n:
i like this