adrian kempe - kings

requested by hockeyboysarehot

i'm so proud of the guys. we won the stanley cup. back to back. insane. the whole thing was amazing. the final seconds were unbelievable.

i jumped off the bench, skating to vasilevskiy and joining to the dog pile the guys made.

we got the cup and had our celebration in the locker room, i definitely needed to shower after this because i'm drenched in champagne.

the off-season was amazing until, i went on instagram one day and saw in big letters, 'Y/N Y/L/N, TRADED TO KINGS'

i was in shock. i never thought this would happen. tampa had become home. tampa's home. i couldn't leave home.

i cried. i cried so long and so hard. the last thing i expected to happen, happened.

three months later

i moved to los angeles, after a bittersweet instagram post, lots of encouraging messages from friends and family, i did the move.

the staff and the few players i had met were lovely. so welcoming to me and easy to talk to when i needed it.

anze kopitar and jonathan quick had easily become close friends, basically father figures to me. our talks, just two of us or all three, were comfortable and relaxing,

"y/n! i'd like you to meet someone," kopi called from the hallway, i walked out to the hallway and saw a tall man, "this is adrian kempe."

"nice to meet you." i smiled and stuck out my hand.

he just nodded and walked into the locker room behind us. so much for a nice welcome to la.

"um uh, he's normally not like that." anze embarrassingly laughed.

"i believe it, he looked nice." i smiled comfortingly, trying to ease he's obvious pain.

"anyway, how are you liking la?" he asked, changing the topic.

"i've been loving it. the vibe is so fun, different from tampa, but a good different. temperature's nice and i love all the things you can go around here." i answered.

"oh for sure, everything's great." our conversation was cut short when coach called us into the locker room.

we went into the ice and started morning skate, passing, shooting, drills, etc.

kempe was still not acknowledging me at all. it's like i was invisible. i hope this doesn't continue.

"hard first day?" quickie asked me.

"yeah, i haven't played in months."

"makes sense. i'm a little sore after that, not gonna lie." he huffed a laugh.

i walked into the locker room and i sat down in my stall next to alex turcotte.

"hey mom." that was new.

"mom?" i asked.

"yeah, you're mom now."

i laughed, "okay."

time skip

what a first week as a king. four goals and one was in my first game. let's go.

over time, adrian slowly started talking to me but not
in a good way. he seemed upset at me even though i didn't do anything.

i walked through the hallway to the locker room for a game before i saw adrian walking towards me.

"hi." i spoke.

"hey, can you come with me for a second?" he asked.

"oh um sure." i followed him to a random closet.

he closed and locked the door as we stepped in. "you've probably noticed that i've been distant from you and introduce myself to you. and i'm going to answer that, i thought you were intimidating and i didn't want to mess with you so i kept my distance." he explained.

"oh, i didn't mean to come across like that. i wanted to be friendly and nice but i'm sorry if i made you mad or-"

he kissed me. it took a second for me to realize and kiss back. i did though and i enjoyed the hell out of it.

"i also wanted to do that." he mumbled.

"i've been wanting to do that too."

a/n:
sorry i changed your request a bit!
wanted to add some stuff for ya because you're awesome 💕