0 | prologue

x

Dear Vesper,

I know you will find them.

I wish I could stop you, but you would never listen. Still, I have to try.

Stay away from Queens Academy. The students here are not normal. They are the one percent of the one percent. And they want to climb the social hierarchy, constantly.

Wealth and power corrupts... just as it corrupted me.

You never wanted to attend this place. Don't, not even for me, not even for the truth. The moment you go there is the moment you will play with the wrong people. The blue bloods.

Wealthy, powerful, beautiful.

Elites.

But beneath that perfect exterior?

There is something fundamentally wrong with them.

The secrets they have will scar you. By the time you figure them out, you will already be in too deep. No matter what, do not go to that island. It isn't a rumor, it's true. They go for a twisted tradition and they'll play a game.

Harmless, isn't it?

Until a secret spills.

Cruel secrets they would kill to protect.

I know you're incorruptible. Not only are you a genius, you are a Du Sang. Anybody who knows of your last name is a somebody. Yet, all the money and power I want, everybody wants, means nothing to you.

I did.

I meant something to you.

Please. Don't go searching for the truth. If not for me, do it for you. Some things should remain a secret.

And I'm sorry.

For everything that happened. And everything that will.

I am not who you think I am.

Not after becoming one of their secrets.

Ella.

x