phase 2 chapter 3: gear up

After a couple minutes of walking down the trail, they arrive in Riri's backyard. They walk in the house and exhausted marcy crashes on the couch. "Soo, I have some ramen in the pantry, want some?"

"Yes please, I haven't a eaten in hours." Marcy replies, taking in heavy breaths. Peter and Ned were laying on the carpet processing everything that happened within the last 30 minutes.

Riri walks in the living room with a bowl of ramen and hands it to marcy. "Thanks" marcy says before blowing on the noodles and started eating theme. After marcy finishes the bowl she sets it on the coffee table.

"Did you make that armor?" Marcy asked Riri who forgot to take her armor off. "Yeah. I made it from scratch, not connections to stark or anything." Riri couldn't help but smile that her idle was interested in something she made.
(Just to be clear, this not ship teasing, marcy is 24 in this phase, riri is in high school still).

"I guess yall are wondering what happened back there." Marcy asked and everyone in the room shook their heads yes. "Well too be honest, I don't know either. That mutant I was fighting has been spying on me for a while. From the looks of it, someone or something is after me." Marcy replies.

Peter picks up his phone but it begins sticking to his hand again. He starts shaking his hand trying too get it unstuck. Everyone looked at Peter which made it more awkward for him. "Are you ok?" Marcy asked. Riri had to stop herself from laughing.

"I'm fine, it's just that this has been happening all day, ever since I got bit by a spider earlier." Peter said. "But if I relax, it unsticks." Peter then relaxed and the phone dropped to the floor.

"Hmmm, well tomorrow I'm going to avengers tower to get some extra equipment for my mission. Maybe yall can come with me and they can found out what wrong." Marcy suggests. Peter and everyone agrees. Riri flies marcy home.

The abandoned warehouse

??? Called mystique into the room.

???: do you have the picture?

Mystique: here it is

Mystique pulled out picture of marcy from a piece of security footage.

??? Put his finger on the image where her head was. Within seconds, he became engulfed in a trance. Left and right he was looking at marcys memories. Eventually he came across what he was looking for. Memories she had of a hive mind that could help in finishing the missing pieces of his puzzle. He tried tapping into the memory, but it was blocked. He needed her there, the real thing in order to access it. He awoke from the trance.

???: it's time for the final step. Bring me marcy wu.

Marcys apartment

Marcy woke up early at 5 a.m. she started working on more of her webcomic.

Eventually Riri showed up on her balcony. She flew marcy to Avengers tower where Peter was also waiting. They all went to the top laboratory where Tony and bruce were waiting for them.

"Welcome to avengers tower, aka my home. What advanced stuff shall I give you for your mission?" Tony asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you and bruce could see what these kids are capable of doing. Believe it or not but they are the ones who saved me during my first bad guy encounter." Marcy explained.

Tony looked at Peter and then Riri then back at marcy. After a minute of thinking he started talking again. "Give me and bruce at least four hours with the kids and to make adjustments to your armor." Tony started walking to the laboratory and bruce escorted the kids.

Bruce sat at a table with Peter. "So tell me kid, what has been happening lately?" "Well things have been sticking to my hands and when I relax, it comes off. I also have increased senses, like I can dodge things before they hit me." Peter explained while bruce took notes on a piece of paper. "And you said you got bit by a spider?" "A genetically engineered one yes."

"Ok so it seems that when you gor bit some of its DNA transfered into you, giving you characteristics of a spider like enhanced strength, senses etc."

"Well if you're gonna be a part of this mission tou have to look the part, let's make you your suit." Bruce gets up and pulls up a hologram suit designer. However Peter looks back and sees a displayed suit that immediately catches his eye.

"Wait, what about that one." Peter points at the suit.

"You really want that one? Tony made that as a prank for Hank pym. "Bruce stated." "Well, it fits the spider theme that my powers have." Peter said. Bruce took the suit out of its display case and Peter tries it on.

"Ok this gives me an idea." Peter said.

After about 4 or 5 hours, Tony let's marcy back in the laboratory. "Ok so I made some adjustments to Riri's armor. It'll be much more durable and powerful in combat. Peter has his own suit with shooters filled with a special web fluid. And finally this suitcase is a portable version of your suit. And wear these bracelets, they will call the suit to you when you need it." Tony explained.

After Tony and bruce helped them, Riri got in her armor and flew, carrying marcy while Peter swung on his new web shooters.

Meanwhile

Mystique was getting frustrated with juggernaut forgetting the plan and needing her to repeat it. "Ok explain the plan to me one more time, I swear I'll remember this time." Mystique rolled her eyes in annoyance. "The plan is, we're going to stage a robbery, this'll drag them put of hiding and we can make all 3 of them at once." Mystique explains and juggernaut nods his head now understanding what the plan was.

Mystique in a human disguise walks inside a bank with juggernaut crashing through a couple seconds later. Everyone inside started panicking and running, trying to find a way out.

The fake robbery worked as the group arrived a couple minutes later. Marcy rolls her eyes when she sees mystique and juggernaut. "Ugghh, you again?, why can't this just be a normal robbery?"

Mystique charges toward marcy but Riri shoots a repulser blast at her. Juggernaut is distracted by Peter who continues shooting webs at him while dodging attempted hits from him. Eventually he pinches Peter, knocking him out of the fight. Riri flies behind him and punches him. Juggernaut turns his attention to her and knocks her across the room, damaging her armor.

Marcy is surrounded by both Mystique and juggernaut. All of a sudden. Smoke bombs crash through the windows, covering everything in smoke. Riri and Peter are dragged out of the building by two people. Meanwhile, mystique and juggernaut run off with an unconscious marcy.

Riri looked up and saw a man wearing a red suit and mask and a girl with short hair next to him. Riri then passed out.

Coming soon. . .

End of phase 2 chapter 3