𝑡𝑒𝑛

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽.* :☆゚. ───

Chloe breathed heavily, sitting in the back of the car. She'd just been to see the son of this unknown family. His name was Diego and it was so typically Italian that it made Chloe sick.  He gave her so many icks it was unbelievable. Not only that, he was a man and she was well, a lesbian. Her father refused to accept that though. Diego was one of the misogynistic men who disguised their views with their protective instincts. Too many times, he told Chloe that he'll look after her. Even the way he held her, with so much force and ugh masculinity. She just wanted to get back to school. She hoped and prayed Rosa was awake. Chloe knew that right now, all she needed was to hear the girl laugh. Earlier that day, seeing her break down, hurt Chloe more than anything ever had before. The only time emotion like that was evoked was if Emilia was in danger and she knew, 100%, she loved Rosa St James.

Darkness had already fallen on the school when the car sped over the gravel. She thanked Roberto's driver, out of politeness and jumped out of the car. She hurried up the drive and threw open the large double doors of the school. She quickly signed it, mumbled a hello and goodnight to the nighttime security guards and headed up to her room. She was wearing a tight, black dress and heels, all suitable for the meal she attended but felt unbelievably uncomfortable. Chloe wasn't a dress type of woman. she hurried into her room, as quickly as her heels could take her and checked the time. 11:36. Not too late. She slid out of the dress and pulled on her grey joggers, sports bra and jumper. She put her hair in a high ponytail, leaving the curls. She wiped her makeup off as quickly as possible, making sure to be efficient and then moisturised.
She was at Rosa's door by 11:45. Quitely, she knocked. It took a few moments and another soft knock before the girl came to the door. She was wearing her pyjamas and looked like she'd just woken up.
"Sorry, did I wake you?" Chloe asked, suddenly feeling nervous. What was she doing?
"Erm, no," Rosa mumbled. She shook her head a little and opened the door more. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah," Chloe nodded. "I just wanted to show you something. I was going to do it earlier but, you know," she rolled her eyes and smiled a little. Rosa nodded and opened the door all the way.
"Come in. Let me change," she said softly. Chloe slid into the room and Rosa switched the main light of the room on. She opened her wardrobe and looked at her clothes before turning back to Chloe. Like an awkward teenager, she stood at the door, hands in her pockets, awaiting more instructions. "Where are we going?" Rosa couldn't help but laugh.
"Erm, it's a surprise," Chloe smirked.
"Well, what do I need to wear?"
"Sports clothes, like me." Rosa nodded and took out her leggings, sports bra and hoodie. She slid into the bathroom silently.

Chloe looked around the room. Rosa had made it more her own since she saw it the day before. Some fairy lights hung from the ceiling with blue tack and there was an abundance of blankets and pillows on the bed. Chloe walked over and inspected the photos, peppering the wall. Surprisingly, none of them had people in them. They were all aesthetic photos of skies, sunsets, beaches, forests etc and it made Chloe a little bit sad. However, she caught sight of the one picture in Rosa's bed. It was the same picture of her family that she saw a few weeks before. She picked it up from under the covers. The glass was smashed which made Chloe instantly worried. However, she realised exactly where the crack was. Between Rosa and the rest of the family. It cut her off. Sadness flooded Chloe and she felt like crying.
"That's mine!" Rosa gasped and suddenly took it out of Chloe's hand. She didn't look at it, just threw it under the pillow. "You just came to spy," she huffed. Chloe shook her head and opened her mouth to speak but the sadness was still there.
"Rosa," she began and took a step closer to the girl but she stepped away.
"I'm ready to go," Rosa said simply. She picked up her phone and Chloe nodded. Silently, they slid out of her room and down the hallway.