𝑜𝑛𝑒

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽.* :☆゚. ───

Closing her private emails, Chloe looked over apprehensively at her desk drawer. It was making a vibrating noise and she internally groaned. Someone was ringing her. Someone she didn't want to answer. Nevertheless, she knew she had to pick up. She quickly unlocked the drawer and answered the call. Holding the small, black phone to her ear the panicked voice instantly drowned out her annoying thoughts. One of her men began explaining, very rapidly, the issue he was currently faced with and all Chloe wanted to do was punch him very hard in the balls.
"Stop." She simply stated. The voice paused for a moment and Chloe laughed- she'd confused the poor lad. However, not long later, he began again. Chloe ordered him to stop once more.
"I put you in charge- did I not?" A weak reply came and she sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "You're in charge whilst I'm at work. That was the deal. You're being paid double and you can't even handle one week." Jackson replied once again, clearly embarrassed.
"Why can't this just wait until Saturday? I was literally with you all, all weekend." Chloe flicked her hair over her shoulder and sat in her chair with a huff. She was infuriated. More weak replies came down the phone.
"Why are you so incompetent? I've trained you since you were sixteen, Jackson, and this is how you treat me?" She stood up again and paced around her office. She wondered where on Earth she had gone wrong. Jackson replied meekly and Chloe just imagined him stood at the other end of the phone, tail between his legs.
"You know what, I've got things to do here." There was a knock at the door and Chloe internally groaned. Her secretary's voice came through the speaker on her desk, alerting her of the student and teacher outside her office.
"Sort your shit out Jackson," she groaned, walking to sit at her desk again. "And don't get anyone killed." She shoved the phone in the drawer before slamming it shut. Her desk shook but she ignored it, locking the phone away and plastering a smile on her face. She hoped her stress didn't show as she told the guests to come in.

The door to her office swung open and Professor Celly stalked in- anger evident from his frown, although Chloe wondered if it was just a permanent angry look. Behind him, tumbled Rosa St James. She straightened herself up quickly, brushing down her uniform and gently tugging at her skirt. Chloe watched her, eyebrows raised.
"Good afternoon, Fredric Celly," Chloe said, rising to her feet and holding out her hand. This is was the formal greeting every teacher had to give to the headmistress when in her office although students didn't practice it. Professor Celly hobbled across the large room, took Chloe's hand and nodded frantically. He pointed to Rosa and stuttered on his words. Chloe sighed, shooting a glance at the student. She'd seen Rosa in her office many times in the past but a lot more recently. She was there almost daily at this point and Chloe knew that she really needed to crack down on it.
"Fredric," Chloe mumbled, allowing the teacher to feel more comfortable. "Take a seat and take your time. Miss St James, come take a seat also. Shut the door behind you." Professor Celly took his seat and grumbled. He pinched the bridge of his nose and Chloe requested two cups of tea and some water. She had a feeling this was going to take a while.

Over twenty minutes, Professor Celly explained how Rosa had kicked up a fuss in his classroom- screaming profanities and harmful words about not only himself but other students too. He explained how Rosa had shamed William Shakespeare and brought a huge shame on the school and literature department. He wanted her out of his class and he wanted her out now. Rosa, being Rosa, stayed quiet. Her hands were wrapped around her glass of water, ankles and knees were together and her head was lowered. Occasionally, Chloe would glance over, and Rosa's stoic expression shocked her. One of her staff members was in her office, clearly upset and agitated about her behaviour and Rosa was emotionless.
Once Fredric had finished his rant, Chloe cleared her throat and turned her chair to Rosa. She sat back and crossed her legs.
"So, Rosa, what do you have to say for yourself?"
Rosa's head shot up but she didn't look at Professor Celly- instead, she looked right into Mistress Colombo's eyes and asked if she'd ever read Shakespeare.
"As a matter of fact, I have."
"Then surely, you understand how boring and monotonous he is?" Rosa's voice perked up. Professor Celly made a grunt in the back of his throat, clearly disagreeing with Rosa's words.
"I rather enjoy his work, honestly," Chloe replied, glancing at the large, floor to ceiling bookshelf by her desk. She had a whole three shelves dedicated to Sir William Shakespeare.
"Do-" Rosa realised, throwing her head back. "You're a Shakespeare nerd too? Fantastic!" Chloe sniggered and Professor Celly raised his eyebrows.
"Anyway, Rosa. Quite obviously, you're not a Shakespeare fan. However, the way you display your opinions has to change."
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, Miss."
"You're right, they are. However, when opinions become hateful and offensive- they have to stop. By expressing your opinions, you've upset not only your teacher but your classmates also." Chloe explained. She kept her voice steady and firm, despite the always changing facial expressions of Rosa. She loved to use her face in response. It was like each muscle had a different reaction to every word of Chloe's.
"I think people should just get a thicker skin. If an eighteen year-old's opinion really impacts Professor Celly in such a way, he should certainly think about getting a new job." Chloe sighed. Rosa really liked to stick the knife in and twist it.
"You're rudeness is startling," Professor Celly announced, standing up out of his seat.
"And your dress sense is startling," Rosa replied- although not looking at him. Chloe tried, very hard, not to smile at that. Rosa had some serious cheek and she had to admit it was quite entertaining at the right time. This was, however, the wrong time. Professor Celly looked at Chloe with pure astonishment.
"Rosa. I'm taking away your weekend privileges, you can do some office work for me instead. That is no way to speak to a member of staff." Chloe stated simply, getting up the forms on her computer. Rosa stood up in protest this time.
"That is not fair!" She practically shouted. Chloe kept calm. "I had plans with my friends, you can't just turn around and stop me from doing them!"
"Maybe, you should start thinking about the consequences of your actions before you open your mouth?" Professor Celly snarked, looking over at the young adult- quite clearly angry. Her poor face was glowing red and her arms were flying about.
"Maybe, Professor, you should stay out of this!" Rosa threatened, turning herself to him and for the first time, looking at him. Although, not in the eye. Chloe noticed that. She stood up, raising her authority.
"Professor Celly, thank you for bringing Rosa's behaviour to my attention. I think I'll keep her here for now. You're dismissed." Professor Celly grumbled under his breath, checked his pocket watch and nodded. He turned on the balls of his feet and left the office, closing the door quietly behind him. He was an odd man, Chloe thought. He was very traditional. Quite old now and Chloe was surprised he was still teaching. He taught her sister when they attended the school, years before. He had always been odd. She remembered how he would always scratch his beard, now grey and curly, and check his watch before leaving any room.