"You told me not to think!"

Rooster's POV:

My heart immediately dropped into my ass as I saw her plane going down. "Fuck! Did anyone see a parachute?"

Bob answers, "Yes, I saw one. She should be fine."

The plane which I couldn't shake was still up in the air somewhere. None of us could see it, until I did. There was smoke in the air coming straight for me, but before it could hit me another plane comes between us. It was Maverick.

"Man, not again. What is with this family? Fuck Mav." They both should have been focused on saving themselves. I suppose it was a good thing because this time it gives Phoenix enough time to shoot the plane down. We all quickly let out a sigh of relief. It doesn't last long as I immediately ask for permission to find them.

Cyclone is obviously feeling like an asshole today because he denies me. "All of you come back to the carrier. Now."

Jake must not like this because he requests something from the admiral, "Hangman requesting to leave the carrier and look for them."

"Denied."

"I don't care what you say, honestly I really don't." How could they expect me to care when she's out there?

"Rooster, you're going to care when you get killed." Phoenix tries to be the voice of reason, but I don't want to listen to anyone. I just want my girl. "Rooster, no!"

I don't listen. I turn my ass around. I'm going to look for them.

Skye's POV:

It had to of only been about five minutes when I see another plane being blown up. I automatically run to the scene trying to see who it is. My parachute drags me down, but I keep running. I run with everything in me because if that's Bradley I'm going to kill him. I just risked my life for him and if he got blown up anyway I'll beat him into next week.

I get to the man and see my father. "What are you doing here dad?"

He's packing away his parachute but stops upon hearing my voice, "What am I doing here? What are you doing here? You should not have done that. You should have let it happen."

I scoff in his face, "Says the guy who got himself blown up too."

"I did it for the very same reason you did. He was going to be killed. I couldn't let that happen."

"Exactly!" We stand in silence before I throw my hands out to the side a little, "Well, it's good to see you. Ya look good."

There's blood still pouring out of my back but the adrenaline of the crash was still running through my veins. I see my dad looking at the packed snow beside me. "Is that blood?"

I look down and see my blood has gone from my suit to the ground and soaked a lot of the snow. I furrow my brows, "Huh, I guess it is."

Maverick looks at me as if I'm psychotic. "You guess? That's clearly blood so where is it coming from?" I take my pack off my back and throw it to the ground. I unzip my suit a little but hear a motor in the distance. I stop my movements. "What are you-" I hold my hand up to stop my dad from speaking.

He must hear the sound too because he pushes me to start running. A helicopter comes into view and we both run like our lives depend on it because, well they do. We jump over a fallen tree and hide behind it as shots are fired at us.

I catch my breath for a second but the helicopter is now next to us and I close my eyes waiting for the shots to hit me, but they never do. I hear an explosion and see that an f-18 has shot a missile at the helicopter and blown it up. I open my eyes with just enough time to see said f-18 be blown up. I look to my dad and we both run.