"Now and forever, I love you"

Skye's POV:

We are dismissed for the day after the incident in the debriefing room. I feel really bad for Rooster, no one deserves to have their life put on display in their place of work. I feel so bad that I text Hangman.

Wtf Jake. Is all I text. I sit on my bed, one hand gripping my white bed spread for some type of comfort. My breathing is a little heavier than normal since I still haven't gotten over the adrenaline of the situation. Beep.

What? Bitch. You know what. I don't get why he's acting stupid now. I put both hands on my phone allowing me to type faster with both of my thumbs. My fingers are hitting the screen at a rapid pace and I'm so focused on my text that I'm startled by my doorbell ringing.

I still send the text out before going downstairs. You're an asshole. No one deserves that. You would hate for everyone to find out about your father so why would you do that to him? Is all it read. It might have been a low blow to talk about his dad especially since I was one of the only people who knew about his illness but I just don't care right now.

I don't wait for a response this time and I just continue on my way to the door. I open it and see my wonderful father. How amazing!

That was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.

"Hello?" I say with confusion lacing my tone. I don't really know how he got my address or why he's here but I just don't care right now.

"Skye, I know you don't really want to see me right now, but I'm on my way to see Iceman. I really think you should come" Iceman? I haven't seen him in a while. I guess now would be as good a time as any to catch up.

"Okay, yeah. Let me just grab shoes." I'm still in my uniform from today but I knew Ice wouldn't mind. I probably wouldn't be there very long anyway. I grab a pair of white nikes before rushing back downstairs. I sit on the floor in front of the door before talking again, "Should we take my car? I know you only have your motorcycle."

He looks shocked I knew about the motorcycle, "Oh y-yes. We probably should."

I finish up with my shoes before grabbing the keys out of a bowl placed on a table by the door, "Let's head out."

The drive was fairly short and quiet. I had nothing to discuss with my father and I knew he wouldn't risk me lashing out on him right before seeing Iceman and Sarah, Iceman's wife.

The drive is like muscle memory and I find myself thinking back to coming here as a child. I was almost always here with my dad, Carole, and Bradley. We would come around for a lot of my childhood and as Bradley and I became teenagers we would end up driving ourselves here, almost always together.

One specific time sticks in my memory the most, though.

Flashback to thirteen year old Bradley and Skye

"Dad, where are we going?" I ask tiredly from the backseat of Carole Bradshaw's car. Bradley is seated beside me, quietly looking out of his window. I couldn't help but fidget around in my seat, I was excited to know where we were going.

Carole is the one who answers, "To see an old friend. You'll be very happy, both of you. I promise."

The rest of the ride is mostly quiet, the only sound coming from Carole humming along to the songs playing and the wind from outside the windows whipping around the car.

The early morning sun is just finishing rising, the colors reflecting onto the ocean beside it. It's so pretty.

From the spot where my head lays on the car door, I can hear every movement of the car. I feel the vibrations of everything and sometimes my head lifts up only to hit back down against the door.