"I messed up"

Rooster's POV:

I honestly couldn't tell you what the fuck just happened. One minute we were all playing pool and laughing together and then the next Hangman and Angel are fighting. It sounded like it had been about the situation that ended our friendship all those months ago which would make sense but what had she said to make him so angry?

I walk towards Hangman who looks in the direction of the bathroom where Angel has just ran to. He has tears lining his eyes and when he notices me he sniffles pushing them away, "What do you want?"

I shrug, "Are you okay?"

He looks startled by the question coming from my mouth. He standing with his eyes boring into the floor beneath him not making a sound. Eventually he opens his mouth, "I messed up."

As much as I don't like the guy, being under the wrath of Skye Mitchell was risky business and I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with it. I soften my usually hard gaze towards him and put my hand on his shoulder in a comforting way, "It's alright man. I can talk to her if you want me to."

I thought the offer would be generous but it makes panic appear in his eyes. He moves to look at me head on, "Please, do not do that Rooster. That's not a good idea."

I scoff in an offended way. I'm her best friend, why is it not a good idea? I look at him with curiosity, "What happened? What did you say?"

He looks ashamed while recalling the events that just took place. He doesn't look me in the eyes as he speaks, "We got into a real big fight because, well because of you I guess. It's not anything you did. I guess, I was just jealous."

"What do you have to be jealous of?" I can't help but let the question slip past my lips as the questions comes to mind.

"Man, I got everything to be jealous of. You don't even see it. The way she worships the literal ground you walk on, I mean."

I become befuddled very quickly at his words. My brows furrow into each other and my eyes cloud over in thought. Worships the ground I walk on? The only time Angel would ever become so obsessed with someone is if she truly and completely was in love with them. She had very few men that she had gotten that way over, and many didn't deserve it. I don't deserve it, is all that rings through my head.

I back away from him before going to the bathroom to find Angel. I see the women's bathroom up ahead and rush in not bothering to knock. She's huddled over the sink with tears rushing down her cheeks when I walk in.

Skye's POV:

Rooster walks in the bathroom a few minutes after I do. He sees me crying near the sink and comes to comfort me instantly. He wraps his arms around my neck, pulling me close to his chest. My breath slows down and I get trapped in his scent like I did earlier in the evening.

My eyes close and my crying slows until it's completely done with. Once I'm calm he pulls away while still keeping a hold on my shoulders to steady me. He looks into my eyes, "Sweetheart, what happened? What's got you so upset?"

"Just the fight-"

"No, that's not true. The fight might be part of it but what did he say that's making you this way? I know there's more to it." His words create a sense of nervousness in the pit of my stomach. I guess he should know about the situation. He deserves to know.

I slowly back away to make space, "Bradley, I'm really sorry for everything I'm going to say right now. Just know that I wanted to tell you, I just couldn't. Please don't be mad at me."

He visibly tenses up at my words, "I won't be mad darlin'. Just tell me."

"Promise me Bradley."

"I promise you I won't be mad."