"Gonna miss you baby"

Skye POV:

Sleep was hard to come by last night. I tossed and turned, paced around my room, even stood looking out my window and prayed to whoever was listening. I had about four hours before I would have to get ready to leave my best friends forever.

I don't want to leave. No, I don't want to fucking leave at all. I can't go without saying proper goodbyes to everyone. I send out a quick text to our group chat asking who's awake.

'Me!' Pheonix texts immediately, then followed by Rooster and Hangman saying they were too.

I decide to walk to Hangman's room first. His goodbye would probably be the fastest and easiest. I knock on his door and wait for him to open it. After a few seconds I hear the familiar sound of the door unlocking and the door handle turning. As he whips the door open it creates a light breeze and my hair flies around my face.

"Well thanks for that" I spit out. My eyes meet Jake's. I feel a shot to my heart, I knew it would hurt, but I really wish it didn't.

"You finally decided to take me up on my late night offer?" he jokes knowing I'm going to probably end up crying, "I always knew you wanted me."

I laugh as my tears start to form just a little, "Oh, shut up. You're too arrogant for me."

"You know, I really will miss you, Angel. I'm sorry for today. I just wanted to be you so bad that I didn't realize how rude I was being." Jake never apologizes. Never. That's just not him. I knew the only reason he was is because we would be leaving each other soon.

"You can be a good boy if you choose to be. Jakey, I'll miss you so much."

I go in for a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck and his going around my waist. I lean my head on his chest to just listen to his heartbeat. It calms my nerves but makes me ten times more emotional. My tears finally spill and one rolls down my cheek to near my lips. Hangman pulls away from the hug to see my face and smiles sadly at me.

He wipes my lip and then under my eye, "Go see him, Skye. This is hard on him. As much as I hate him, he cares about you. That's something we will always have in common." His confession wretches my heart, he was so good when he wants to be. I just wish he showed it more.

"Love you, Hangman. I'll see you on the other side." I turn before he can say anything and walk further down the hall.

I hear him quietly, "I love you more."

Seeing Natasha is going to hurt.

She's my best friend in the whole world. The one person I will always be able to be myself around. I can only hope we get stationed together.

I just walk in her room since I've been doing that since the first say of classes. I find her seated on her bed with her head in her hands. "Hey Nat. How you holding up?"

Her eyes divert to me and I see she's crying, "Could be better, Angel. I do-n't wanna leave." Her voice cracks and I can't help but launch my body towards her bed. I sit on top of her and wrap my around around her. She cries into my shoulder, gripping my shirt tight in her hands. "I'll miss you. I'll miss Jake. Hell, even Rooster."

"I'll miss you more. I seriously hope we get stationed together. I couldn't live without you, Pheonix. You're the best co-pilot a girl could ever ask for."

"Thank you for flying with me, Skye. I don't think I'll ever find a better co-pilot" her words shatter me. I break down even more, crying as hard as ever.

We lay there for a while before I slowly let go. Her steady breaths tell me she's sleeping. I walk to the door whispering, 'I love you' just one more time before opening it and walking out quietly.

I walk as slow as I possibly could before getting to Bradley's room. I was dreading this. This would be my hardest goodbye. I've been with the guy since birth, how do I just let go now?

Before I can even knock he opens the door looking determined. He sees me there and looks shocked. "Oh. I was just on my way to see you." I smile, it was a very small and sad smile.

I jump on him before he can say anything else.

"Oh Rooster, I'm so sorry. I can't do this" he holds me tighter after I say this. His arms fully wrapping around my waist and lifting me in the air a little. My toes are just grazing the floor. He stands there for a few minutes. "Please say something, Rooster."

"Bradley. Call me Bradley for now" he never willingly let anyone call him Bradley. He was like his dad in that way. His mom once told us that the only time she was allowed to call him his real name was when they were alone, any other time he insisted she called him 'Goose'.

"He would be so proud of you," I don't specify who I'm talking about, but the way he stiffens lets me know he understands who I'm talking about, "she would be proud too. I am proud of you, Bradley. Please know that."

"Gonna miss you, baby" he whispers in my ear, his breath hitting my neck making me shiver.

"I'll miss you more than anything. I love you more than anything."

He pulls from the hug fast. I hadn't said 'I love you' to him since before we started at the academy. The last time had been the day of his mother's funeral.

His eyes scan mine looking for any sense of a lie, when he finds nothing he says, "I love you so much more, Angel." Then he pulls me back in.

"I don't want to leave you. I can't just leave you. You've been there for everything, Bradley. When my parents split and I cried for two weeks straight, you were there. When I got my period for the first time, you were there. When I got accepted into the academy, you were there. When my dad left, you were there. When my mother died, you were there. I can't do life without you. I will never be able to do life without you."

"I'll always be in your heart, Skye" he finally said it. He said my name. It's been years since he's spoke that name. He always calls me angel or a pet name. Never Skye. I always believed that it was because of my father. I couldn't blame him. My dad is a dick. Hearing the name softly from his mouth brings all my emotions rushing to my heart.

"God, I love flying with you, Rooster."

The Need For SpeedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara