"You fucked my dad?"

Skye's POV

After the altercation I just had with Rooster all I want to do was simply and plainly get completely wasted. A nice shot or ten would do the trick.

I walk away from the pool table to the bar top where the bartender is standing behind it, "Hey, let me get a shot of the strongest thing you've got." The bartender turns around, her hair shifting to her back as she does so. Her face is so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. I squint at her which probably makes me look like an idiot but I know for a fact that I've met her, "Do I know you?"

She just stares at me wide eyed with her mouth gaping.

"Um, hello?" I don't get it. I don't get why she's just staring. "Are you gonna answer me or am I gonna continue to stand here like a dumbass?"

She must finally come to her senses because her gaze shift downwards and she pushes her hair behind her ear before speaking, "I might know you. I meet lots of people everyday. What's your name?"

"Mitchell. Skye Mitchell. Say, you look about my dad's age. You might know him, not me. What's your name?" She would most likely have met my dad at some point while he was in Top Gun.

Her face flashes in a false look of realization, "Oh. Oh, Mitchell. Yeah I know you. And I know your dad, pretty well. Name's Penny."

Pretty well? What does that even mean? There's absolutely no way my father could have been with this woman. Unless..

At my thoughts I can't help but exclaim my question loudly, "You fucked my dad?"

Her face flushes. She looks so embarrassed that I just have to let out a laugh. She looks around making sure no one heard but she notices one boy looking, "Who's he?"

I turn to where she's looking, "Which one?" her finger points in the direction of Rooster, "The one with the ugly ass mustache?"

She just nods.

"Rooster. Well, Bradley Bradshaw. Rooster is just his callsign" I explain briefly. If she knew my dad she probably knew a lot about fighter pilots already.

She seems curious to know more, "You known him a long time?"

I don't answer right away but I figure I have nothing to hide at this point, "Known Rooster a real long time. Since I was born," a thought of Goose comes to my head, "You said you knew my dad pretty well?"

"Yeah, why?" Her eyes become calculating as they focus on me. She doesn't know why I'm asking. She will soon.

"Get me a shot first, please. Something strong. And make it two shots actually."

She pours me two shots of tequila before bringing them back to the counter for me, "Why you askin'?"

I look to Rooster who was laughing before downing my first shot without a reaction. I turn back to her, "When'd you meet him?"

She thinks about it, "Maybe about 35 years ago give or take a few. Why? What's wrong?"

I do the math in my head. Definitely around the time he came to Top Gun. She had to of at least heard of Goose.

"My dad say anything about his friends? His best friend? His RIO?" I shoot a bunch of questions at once not expecting her to understand why. I just need the answer.

"Well his RIO, yes. He told me all about this character he flew with everyday. Said they always had a real good time, they were inseparable I suppose. What's this got to do with Rooster?"

I shake my head in sadness. Knowing my dad loved Goose enough to tell this woman about him hit me deep in my heart. I stay silent before scoffing, "His RIO's callsign was Goose. Goose was my dad's best friend for a long time," I pause taking a breath, "and he's Rooster's dad."

"Was?" She must not know.

"He's dead. Been dead for a very long time. It's real sad. I don't really remember anything about him, just his wife. She was like my mother." I look away from the woman taking a glance back towards the pilots, Rooster catches my gaze, looking a bit concerned at my sad face. He seems to have an internal battle before deciding to start walking towards me.

Penny just keeps going not noticing him coming over, "Again, was? Where's your mother?"

He finally reaches the bar, "Isn't that a bit personal to ask a stranger?"

"Uh- yeah maybe. Sorry." She backs away and stands up taller than before, "what can I get ya?"

He looks at her, "Just a beer. Thanks." He looks from her to me after she walks away to get his drink, "Why are you letting her ask you that?"

I pick up the second shot glass in front of me, just holding it and nothing else, "What's the harm? She's dead as a doornail, nothing wrong with saying it." I have no remorse that I'm speaking about her this way. She was a horrible person.

He can't seem to come to terms with the fact that I just said that to him. He stands there staring, that's all he ever does anymore.

He knows I don't talk about my mom. I couldn't even really call her that. I only knew the part of her that hated the fact that I "ruined her life" as she liked to remind me so kindly through the short years she was alive for of my childhood. Carole Bradshaw was more of my mother than that woman who birthed me was. She didn't even want me. My dad made sure I knew about that fact all too well. She showed me that before she died anyway. 

I finally spit out the words that have been on the tip of my tongue for years, "The death of my real mother hurt a lot worse anyway." His eyes get wide as do Penny's who just happened to walk back with his drink. "I loved Carole so much, she took care of me through everything. It hurts to this day, can't even imagine how you feel."

Thinking so much of Carole started to play with my emotions. I was sad, I know she wouldn't have wanted me to be, but I was. The tears in my eyes were proof of that.

I down the second shot, "Two more please."

The two look at me in concern but Penny still gets the shots.

Bradley raises his hand a little off the counter, "I'll take one too. I think I need it after that conversation."

I wait for my next shots and when Penny brings them I just raise my right eyebrow while muttering the words, "So my dad?"

She rushes away from Rooster and me, leaving us to ourselves.

"Your dad? What does she gotta do with him?" Confusion laces his tone, he doesn't comprehend the situation.

"Oh yeah, she fucked my dad."

Authors note

So this is definitely a filler but I did just want to get another chapter out today. I really hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

More is to come about Angel's birth mother. Just warning y'all, it won't be pretty. Like I said this chapter, she was a horrible person. 

Anyways,

Love you all!