class partner

sal's pov

the week couldn't have been slower. y/n had finished her paper and i was happy for her but it meant no more scheduled meet ups. if i wanted to see her now, it would have to be consciously initiated. and yeah, we had kissed and yeah, i had invited her over ... but i felt like i was hitting a wall. of course i knew she didn't hate me, we had already crossed that bridge of admitting mutual feelings. but now we were in the grey area of figuring out what to do with those feelings.

a lot of my week days were spent alone and i was starting to feel antsy. i was stuck with my racing thoughts and self doubt. i couldn't stop thinking of y/n and while i never minded the thought of her, i was driving myself crazy. i wore the shirt i gave her to sleep in three times this week. three. and i have to be honest, i put it on as soon as she left. i was infatuated.

i stopped my pacing and pulled out my phone. larry was off work today and i made the executive decision to finally reach out for some advice. how much i'd disclose was still kinda fuzzy.

me: hey lar bear

larry: please don't

larry: what's up

me: wanna get pizza tonight? it's half off on fridays

larry: dude i thought you'd never ask

me: you have no faith in me anymore. wanna come over in like an hour?

larry: WWWWW yes

i rolled my eyes at larry's gamer lingo.

me: pog

i threw my phone on the couch and started cleaning my room. gizmo followed behind until he jumped up onto my bed and dozed off my pillow. i figured it was nice enough out to open my window and let some fresh air in. my room was fairly clean but i still had the pjs y/n borrowed folded on my dresser. they were my clothes so they didn't look out of place but i decided to move the pile to my closet just to be safe. i brought the clothes to my face, they didn't smell like her anymore. i'd been doing this every time i passed my dresser. i felt weird about it but it was hard to ignore the traces of her she had left behind. which reminded me to clean the bathroom and hide away the toothbrush i had lent her. i love larry, i really do, but he wouldn't leave me alone about it if he knew i had y/n over.

larry: i'm here lovebug

i opened the door to larry holding a case of beer and mountain dew. "dudeeee, i'm so glad you wanted to get pizza. i'm craving it so bad." he strolled in setting the cases down at the kitchen table. "as you can see, i got us some refreshments."

"i can't believe you're still on that mountain dew kick," i bent down to unpack the cans into the fridge.

"i can't believe you're not!"

"larry?" i stood up and turned to him, "do you drink water? like ever?"

"hey, that's not something you say to someone who just brought you beer!"

i rolled my eyes and continued to unpack the cans. "do you wanna order the pizza now or lat-"

"hey ... yeah, can i have a large pepperoni pizza? and uh, a brownie? ... yeah ... cash ... okay, thanks."

"oh okay." i closed the fridge and headed to the living room, "guess it's time to run some smash."

"oh buddy, we're on the same wave length right now." larry plopped down next to be grabbing the second controller.