kickback

the week was coming to an end. tomorrow was actually sunday so it was pretty much over already. it was such a good week. i got to hang out a lot with ash and sometimes we'd meet up with larry too. i would be so happy if this was all that college was. i was i was not ready for classes at all.

it's not that i wasn't excited to start learning or whatever, i was just so at peace with my lazy schedule. it was nice to live with other girls and just do whatever i wanted. i'd wake up at 10 and go shower. it wasn't even that bad when other people were in there too. it was private enough and there was always someone playing music. one girl even made some cute air fresheners for the counter. i liked passing them in the hallways, seeing them with their towels on their heads. i felt safe here. and i guess things wouldn't change too much, i just hoped homework and exams didn't kick my ass.

i did a load of laundry and texted ash as i was sitting in the laundry room. i could've gone back to my room and set a timer but the laundry room was peaceful. no one sat in there to wait so it was just me. there were windows that looked out into the courtyard of my hall. i could see tall trees and bushes that attracted butterflies. it was fun to sit and listen to the machines rumble, it was like sound therapy.

ash 💜

ash - r u busy?

me - not super busy, waiting in the laundry room rn for my clothes. what's up?

ash - larry asked if u would wanna come over n hang out again b4 classes start ⭐️🥳🍻

me - omg yes!!!! 🙄<33 if we get drinks can u tell larry i liked the lemonades? 🍋❤️

ash - for sure, i'd cry if he brought us those strawberry beer drinks again </3

me - what time are u thinking abt getting ready?

ash - 6 prob. i'm having a hard time deciding what to wear

me - ugh, i forgot i have to actually put effort into getting ready. annoying!

ash - gotta look cute for sal 💙🤤

ash - or larry! take ur pick >:)

me - no, youd hate if i stole larry from u! don't even lie

ash - youre a troublemaker, u really are

me - LOL whatever! i'll see u later <3

ash - ttyl ❤️

i truly did forget that agreeing to invites comes with the pain of getting ready. i checked the time, it was 2. so i had like four hours to get ready. plenty of time considering i already took a shower. doing laundry was going to take an hour though.

i decided to go back to my room to do my hair and makeup. after last time, i was thinking hair up was probably a better move. i gathered my hair into a messy bun and left some hair free. i got self conscious when it was completely tucked away.