The retaking of Trost Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Pixis: We can't.

Anka: Have the elite squad retreat.

Pixis: No need. Continue to lure the Titans to the corner of the town. As for the elite squad, I've granted full authority to its leader. They're not just skilled. They're elites amongst elites that bear the fate of mankind. Conceding defeat so easily is out of the question. To prevent lives from having been lost in vain, they must struggle through this until their last breath.

Scene change Back in the city, where the elite squad and Eren's Attack Titan are.

Mitabi: Hey, what are you waiting for? Give us the order! Ian, it's not your fault. It was a faulty plan to begin with. We all know that! It was certainly worth a shot, and we've given it that already! Listen, we're going to climb back up the wall!

Mitabi begins to leave. Mikasa prepares to attack Mitabi.

Mikasa: Ugh...!

Ian: Wait!

Mikasa: Ah...

Ian: Wait. Calm down, Ackermann.
Rico's squad has the 12-meter-class at the rear.
Mitabi's squad and mine will take the two at the front.

Rico: What?!

Ian: I'm the one who was appointed leader!

Rico: Kuh...!

Ian: Shut up and obey. We can't leave Yeager unprotected like that.

Rico: Ah...!

Ian: We'll modify the plan. Until we can recover Yeager, we'll protect him from the Titans. He holds valuable potential for mankind. We can't give up on him that easily.
Unlike us, there's no replacement for him, after all.

Rico: So you're telling me you want to carry on like this, despite losing hundreds of soldiers, all for that failure of a human weapon?!

Ian: That's right. No matter the cost, we must continue!

Scene change Back on the wall with the soldiers acting as decoys. Jean ascends from the wall to join Connie and Marco.

Jean: What's up with Eren?

Marco: Armin headed over alone. It'll probably work out.

Jean: Probably?

Marco: It will. I'm sure. Eren can do it.

Jean: Ahh...

Connie: I don't see the point of luring the Titans to the corner of the town.

Jean: Fighting them will only result in a battle of attrition. They're probably trying to keep deaths to a minimum right now.

Connie: So you're saying all the deaths up until now are meaningless?

Jean: An all-out war is inevitable. But until then, it's obvious we should minimize our losses to preserve our forces. The higher-ups are right.

Connie: Is that how it is?

Jean: Of course!

Connie: Well, let's try not to become losses then. All of us.

Scene change Back with the elite squad and Eren's Attack Titan.

Rico: Ian, are you serious?!

Ian: How else can mankind defeat the Titans?
Rico, tell me, what other options do we have to break this deadlock?! A way to maintain our humanity and prevent losses, all while conquering the Titans' overwhelming power -- how can we do that?!

Rico: There's no way I'd know how to defeat the Titans.

Ian: Exactly. That's why we have no choice but to do this. We can only lay down our lives as brave sacrifices for that questionable human weapon. Tragic, isn't it? But it's the only thing left for us humans to do. Well, what'll it be?
This is the best we've got. The only struggle we're capable of.