Arc 1, Chapter 10: Aftermath (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Beacon, 3rd person POV:

...

...

...

Jaune: "What...just happened?"

Ren: "He said his name was Blace..."

Both Team RWBY and Team JNPR are all huddled in the RWBY dorm, watching the replays of the broadcast in a stunned silence.

Ruby is clutching onto Yang tightly, both Weiss and Pyrrha are silently freaking out and Jaune and Ren watch from the edges of the beds with Nora literally hanging onto Ren for dear life.

And then there's Blake.

Already having headaches about the whole Reed and Blace situation from the other day, believing Blace to not be a real person, she is now in tears watching as her "brother" dismantles the White Fang hierarchy and give a speech to all Faunus across the globe.

Yang: "N-Not only that...but the close ups...he looks exactly like Reed...his face is the exact same..."

Pyrrha: "That was definitely Wail too, no doubt about it. That aura is unmistakable."

Everyone quietly talks among themselves until they hear Blake let out a choked sob.

Yang: "Blake? What's wrong?"

She doesn't respond but keeps replaying Blace's speech in her head. She slowly puts her hands on her head and removes her bow, exposing her cat ears. They immediately drop flat on her head as everyone gasps.

Yang: "Blake?? You're a Faunus? Why did you hide it?"

Blake: "I...was born into the White Fang. My father was the creator of it before it became a terrorist group. I wouldn't have been so scared of my identity if Weiss wasn't here..."

Her body is visibly shaking, and while everyone is heartbroken to hear her so defeated and sad, Weiss is the most taken aback.

Blake: "...I want to see if his speech holds any truth...I'm tired of running and hiding..."

She looks at everyone with a sad smile, fully expecting to be hated and disappointed in. But, surprisingly, Yang reaches out and pulls her into a hug alongside Ruby, now holding both crying girls.

Yang: "I don't care if you're a Faunus or have a history with the White Fang. You learned and you got out. Besides, I don't think me and Ruby can judge you on your past. We don't want to be hypocrites."

A warmth fills up Blakes heart as so much pain and stress comes off her shoulders.

But not all of it.

Blake: "Weiss...?"

Weiss looks towards Blake and drops her pout, grinning and sticking her hand out.

Weiss: "I-I would just like if we didn't keep these secrets from each other, okay? You are forgiven."

Instead of shaking her hand, Blake gasps and gets out of Yangs arms, running into Weiss and hugging her, thanking her over and over again.