𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤

❛ GRADUATION GETAWAY ❜

GRADUATION GETAWAY

❁ ❁ ❁

"Hello there camera, my non-existent viewers, any potential fans of the future, I am here with the one and only Perri Winters. Say hi Per," Iris shoved the camera in her face. "Iris don't do that, what if I was naked," she gasped as she ate her chips. "We're literally in school," she rolled her eyes at her, the smile on her face growing. "Can you say hi," she asked her, "Fine, hello."

Iris smiled wide, "Look there's Jere," she walked up to him, "Jeremiah Fisher, wanna say hi to the fans?" The camera positioned to his waist up. He plucked the camera out of her hands, "Hello fans that don't even exist. What's this even for?" He had the camera facing the senior, "It's just for memories, you know, when I get bored at college and suddenly miss high school." Jeremiah laughed, "Right. Well then, how do you feel about graduating and going to college?"

The camera was still facing Iris, "I am not prepared, kinda overwhelming." Jere kept the smile on his face as he handed the camera back, "Will you tell me where you're going? I've been dying to know Iris." I turned the camera off, shoving it back into my backpack, "I'm saving that for my grad party, you and your family are going right?"

He nodded, messing with her hair as the bell rang, "Just me and Mom though, Dad is at work in Europe again, and well, Con is in his own little world with that Autum chick." She pursed my lips, "It's Aubrey, and that sucks, I guess I'll see you two then."

A lot can change in two years, though her friendship with Conrad had been cut short, it didn't stop her from hanging out with the rest of the Fisher family. She didn't go to their house often, since Conrad was always with Aubrey, but Jeremiah always came over to hers to hang out with her and Indiana.

❁ ❁ ❁

"Hey Mrs. Fisher!" she greeted, walking into their house after being invited by Jeremiah. "Iris, you already know you can call me Susannah, Mrs. Fisher is way too formal, I've known you since you were five." Mrs. Fisher, Susannah, had that effect on people, the effect where she brings joy out into the world and can trap you with her generosity. If it weren't for her, Iris would've definitely just applied to schools within Boston. To Iris, Susannah was like a second mother.

"Mom, I'm gonna meet up with Isaac," Conrad called out, rushing down the stairs, grabbing his car keys. "Iris," he said looking at the teen, it had been quite a while since they've interacted, and it was almost as if time had stopped. She would see him occasionally in the halls, but would never actually interact with him, right now, in this very moment, she was getting a good view of the person he's become. He looks more mature, but not, his hair is cut neat like he recently went to the barbers, and his glasses, they're completely gone.

"Right, okay I'm off," he said, looking at his mom before disappearing through the doors. "He's different now Iris," Susannah said, putting away the dishes, "And so are you." Iris looked at her, she had this strange look in her eye, "Is everything okay?" Susannah's eyes faltered for a moment, "I'm just so happy for you, you're graduating in two days, and you're gonna go off to college soon."

"This won't be the last time you ever see me Susannah," she reassured her. "Yes, I know, but I wish I could just hold onto the memories of you, Indi, Connie and Jere being little kids again. Come here," she said with open arms. Iris gave into her hug, holding her tightly, "You are going to do big things kid," she smiled, and Iris smiled back.

"Hate to break whatever sentimental moment is going on," Jeremiah interjected, while Iris had let go of Susannah and looked at the younger Fisher. "I'll let you two go do whatever you guys had planned," she said to them. She and Jeremiah were about to head out when she had stopped them, "Wait actually," she said, "How do you feel about coming with us to Cousins this summer. I'd really love for you to meet my best friend and their children. I have a feeling you'd be very close with her daughter, she's Indiana's age." She thought about it for a moment, "I feel like I'd be a bother, like I'm intruding."

"Please Iris, you are nothing close to a bother," she assured. "I'll talk to your parents. Think of it as a graduation getaway before college." She nodded because she was speechless, 'I never thought I'd go to the famous Cousins Beach.'

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

i don't intend on making chapters
long, but if they are long, there's
probably something sad

stay hydrated !

© spidemeister