𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞

❛ POMEGRANATE MARGARITAS WITH A TWIST ❜

POMEGRANATE MARGARITAS WITH A TWIST

❁ ❁ ❁

For the most part, Iris loved the 4th of July. The day where she and her family typically roadtripped to New York to watch the Macy's 4th of July fireworks special, where she and her family spent those long hours in the car having debates and conversations that made them close.

This year would be the same, yet different in many ways; the Fisher family, Conklin family, and Romero family would celebrate 4th of July like no other. According to Belly, 4th of July in Cousins was quite the experience and Iris was excited to spend it with them.

"Iris," Susannah knocked on the door of the girl's shared bedroom with Belly. "Hmm," the teenager looked up from her laptop. "Would you like to be a model for a portrait project I want to do?" the older woman asked. Iris smiled and nodded, "Of course I would, when do you want to do it?"

"When your family arrives," Susannah smiled, "I'll be preparing for the 4th, the others are downstairs if you'd like to join them whenever you're done doing what you are doing." Susannah then left the room and let Iris be, the teenage girl excited to see her family after a month of  being apart.

❁ ❁ ❁

"Hey," Conrad popped in her room as she was getting dressed. "Hi," she greeted back, straightening out her outfit in front of the mirror. There wasn't any tension between the two, though Iris knew she had to give Conrad an answer eventually.

"Look Conrad," she said, picking up her makeup bag. The boy looked at her sincerely. "I uh-"

"Iris your family is here!" Jeremiah yelled, the two disturbed of their short conversation. "We should finish this talk later," Iris coughed out, fixing up her look one last time before she exited the room, Conrad following behind her.

❁ ❁ ❁

"Mom," Iris smiled widely, hugging her mom tightly. "Oh Iris, I missed you," her mother pouted. "It's been only three weeks," Iris laughed off. "That's still a long while hon, I don't think I can let you go to California," her mother said in a pouty tone. "Well, you already put in the enrollment deposit, so you kind of have to."

Iris loved her mother, the two had a strong bond even with the occasional argument here and there. Her mother had been supportive of what she mostly had done in regards to life choices.

"Honey I'm home!" Indiana yelled out as she entered inside the house. Iris rolled her eyes at her sister's big entrance. "Hello sister dearest," Indiana belted in a happy and lively tone, "It's so goddamn boring without you in the house dude," she went in for a hug, "Mom won't stop playing your baby videos." Iris laughed at that, because of course her mother would.