𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝

❛ ON OUR OWN TERMS ❜

ON OUR OWN TERMS

❁ ❁ ❁

It had been a week since Conrad and Iris had kissed, a week since they had expressed their feelings. The week had gone by a blur and both were happy like no other.

"Okay so you and Conrad Fisher," Perri questioned on FaceTime. Iris simply nodded on the camera, giving her best friend an update a week after everything. "So, what's going on?" Perri asked in a sing-song voice.

Iris simply shrugged, thinking back to the conversation the two had after they shared that kiss.

"So what now," Iris asked him, looking out on the balcony. "I don't know," Conrad replied, looking out with her. A moment of comfortable silence between the two was all they needed at that moment. "How about this," Conrad piqued, reaching for Iris' hand. She looked down then back up at him, waiting for his next words.

"How about we do our own thing, you and me, see where it goes on our own terms," he says, partially with confidence, partially with uncertainty. Conrad and Iris both felt as if whatever what's going on between them was right, they just didn't know how to define it. "Yeah," Iris replied with a whisper, tightening her hold with Conrad.

"Okay Iris," Perri smirked, "I gotta go finish packing, you need to text me details and give me a play by play!" Iris rolled her eyes and said her goodbye to her best friend.

"Hey," Conrad knocked on the door. "Hi," her face lit up as she turned her laptop off. "Your um, dance practice is today, right?" he asked, leaning awkwardly against the door. "Yeah," she smiled at his remembrance of the practice. "Do you want me to- I mean we never talked about being your- I mean-"

Iris laughed at his rambling, "Yeah, I'd like that," responding to already knowing what he wanted to ask. "Cool, yeah, okay," he smiled, "I'll uh, wait for you downstairs." She nodded at him, watching as he backed away into the hall.

The smile on her face never left ever since that morning, or for the rest of that week.

❁ ❁ ❁

The Play it Forward Tournament was the biggest beach volleyball charity event that had been hosted at Cousins. Iris and Conrad both held their mocktails in hand while they watched Belly play alongside Jeremiah.

"Do you think those two will win?" Conrad asked, taking a sip of his fruity drink. "Jeremiah cannot play volleyball for the life of him, if anything you should be out there playing with her," Iris teased.

The two watched the volleyball games go on, anticipation for every time Jeremiah and Belly had played. By the end of it, the two managed to somehow win the entire tournament which resulted in Belly being able to donate her winnings to the charity of her choosing.

"So proud of you Belly!" Iris exclaimed, hugging her with immediate regret as she felt the stickiness of sweat Belly accumulated from playing. "Thank you!" she replied back with a laugh.

"Think this calls for a little celebration?" Jeremiah questioned, pulling out his phone to show the group a party that Nicole was hosting later in the evening.

❁ ❁ ❁

Give It To Me was playing in the back as the group entered the house. "You wanna get a drink?" Iris yells to Belly who nods. The two girls leave the three boys on their own as they make their way to the kitchen where all the drinks were.

"Okay you have to tell me what's going on between you and Con?" Belly asks as she opens herself a soda can. "There's not really much to tell," Iris shrugged, opening a water bottle. After the accident at Nicole's last party, she swore off alcohol, at least until the end of summer.

Belly lifted a brow at Iris, causing her to give in and explain what had been going on between her and the Fisher boy. Ever since they said they would see where things go on their own terms, Iris and Conrad had been going on drives at sunset, surfing on the beach or rather Conrad surfing while Iris relaxed and read a book, and all of the 'cutesy' activities one would do to spend time with someone they care for, maybe even love.

Belly gushed at Iris' confession. "So cute," the younger of the two giggled. "Have you guys ever talked about after summer?"

Iris hadn't thought about what would happen between the two after summer once the two of them started college. College had meant distance as she would be going to Stanford, while Conrad would be going to Brown, approximately 3,114 miles apart. Okay, maybe she had thought about it.

"No," she took a sip of her bottle of water, "we haven't," she said looking at a distance to see Conrad laughing at something Steven said to him.

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

i've arisen from my writing drought!
everything has gone by like a blur and
i really cannot express how much has
changed (for the better)

for one, i went to the eras tour! super fun
and such a magical moment that healed the
inner child in me!

i got to hear right where you left me live
which was ethereal if i'm being honest

another update will be posted soon (tbd)
but i do hope you guys enjoy this version
of conrad which i will get into depth soon!

stuff is stirring in this tsitp universe and
i will say tears will (probably) form

love lots! <3 and stay hydrated!

© spidemeister