Prologue

==============
Author Note

Hello, all!!

Thank you so much for reading my story. This ongoing story is now published on Libri!! There you can gift coins to me or earn points to spend by watching videos.  

There will be some content not recommended for young readers such as sex, blood, and crude language. Read at your own discretion. Thank you for reading! Please vote and leave comments if you would like.

===================

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was the sound of a constant drip of water sinking into a chasm of darkness as it echoed throughout my ears. A stale breeze of air came from above and a shivering coldness soaked through my damp clothes into my skin.

My teeth began to chatter as my groggy mind became aware that the lack of light was due to a rough cloth that blinded my eyes. Fighting against exhaustion and my own aching body, I tried to get up from my current curled fetal position only to realize that my hands and feet were both tightly bound.

I've never really thought about belts, but now I hated them-- especially leather ones with large metal buckles. Those hurt like hell.

A fact that I had discovered just a few moments ago when I was gifted with a few lashes, bruises, and welts from my generous captor.

Heavy footsteps approached me until they stopped flowed by several loud clangs against some kind of metal that sent vibrations through the entire floor that I was lying on. After the click of what I assumed was a key in a lock, a heavy creaking door opened up in front of me.

"Wake up. A buyer is coming," my captor said as he kicked me again. I tried to keep from screaming since making any noise would resulting more pain.

The sound of leather and fabric creaking in front of me told me that someone was leaning down on their haunches. This was confirmed when the rough material of my blindfold was ripped from my eyes.

On the opposite wall, cages were stacked neatly on shelves, and when my eyesight adjusted to the dim light and I focused on what was inside them.

Humans. For sale.

Judging by the state of their clothes, or should I say rags, they had been there for a very long time. As my captor approached me, my eyes snapped back to him. He had pale skin and crimson red eyes, and when he let out a snarl he showed off a set of two large fangs.

When I flinched, he grabbed my head and then slammed me back against the bars of the cage. My head collided with the cold metal and stars flashed before my eyes. "Don't even think about trying anything when the buyer comes in. He's one of my best customers. If he's not interested in you, then I'll make you sorry you were ever born."