camden + prescott (3) (M)

If you don't know (M) means adult content ahead.

☆。*。☆。

"Alright guys! Line up! We're going to start practice with some warm ups and line drills." Coach Adams calls to the boys lined up on the football field. Camden Wheeler is, of course, standing next to Prescott Gardner, his best friend.

Prescott is worried about Camden, specifically today. He's not as energetic as he usually is— he noticed on their walk over to the football field.

"Alright boys, 35 line sprints— starting now!" Coach Adams calls, blowing his whistle. Before the team can even start running, Prescott notices Camden stumble a bit, then watches as he crumples to the ground. Coach blows his whistle and Prescott kneels down, grabbing Camden's hand.
"Jersey! Go get a towel and dunk it in the ice bucket! Now!" Coach Adams commands.

Coach lays the washcloth over Camden's forehead, trying to get him to open his eyes.
"Should we call an ambulance, Coach?" Riley, another teammate, asks.
Prescott squeezes Camden's hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of his hand.

It only takes three minutes for Camden to wake up. "Are you okay?" Coach Adams asks, taking Camden's other hand and helping him sit up.
Camden nods. "I think so... I—" he pauses when Prescott moves to sit behind him, pulling Camden in between his legs and wrapping his arms around him. "I think I just need a minute."
Coach nods, and instead of doing the line sprints, he calls for the rest of the boys (except for Prescott) to do some more stretching.

Camden leans his head back, taking a deep breath. "You alright?" Prescott asks.
"I don't know what happened—" Camden says. "One minute, I was standing. And then my vision went blurry and then everything went black."

After a few minutes, Prescott stands up, offering his hand to Camden, helping him stand up. Camden takes it, stumbling forward against Prescott as he stands up.
"Are you sure you're okay? Have you been drinking enough?" Prescott asks.
"I-I don't know. Maybe. Maybe I'm just dehydrated." Camden says, sitting on the bleachers. "I just need to sit for a few minutes, I'll be alright."
"No. I'm taking you home. You need to go home, rest, and rehydrate." Prescott says.

☆。*。☆。

"My parents left with my little brother for his baseball tournament this afternoon. I'm alone all weekend. I'll be okay, though." Camden says as he and Prescott pull out of the school parking lot, heading towards Camden's house.
"Absolutely not. We don't know for sure that you're just 'dehydrated'. There may be something else going on, and I'm not leaving you alone all weekend to pass out and fall down the stairs or something. I'll call Kat later and she can bring me some clothes."
"Pres, I'm okay—" Camden starts.
"I don't care. I'm staying with you and that's final." Prescott cuts him off.

Prescott slows down and stops at a stop sign as Camden leans his head back against the seat.
"You ok?" Prescott asks, looking at his best friend in the passenger's seat.
Camden nods. "I'm fine. Just tired, Pres."

When they get to Camden's house, Prescott insists that Camden goes straight up the stairs to his bedroom.
"I'm going to call my sister. Don't go anywhere." Prescott commands.
Camden laughs, rolling his eyes and he reaches over to grab his phone.

"Okay, Kat'll be here in five minutes. You good?" Prescott asks.
"Pres, I'm fine. You worry too much." Camden says with a laugh, moving to sit on the edge of his bed. Prescott runs forward, stopping Camden from standing.
"Sit." Prescott snaps. "Sit on your behind."

☆。*。☆。

After Kat has been and gone, they've eaten dinner, and Prescott has continued to be overly worried and pushing fluids like crazy, they're both sitting in Camden's bedroom.
"Pres, I'm fine. You don't have to stay here." Camden says. "If you have other plans or something—"
"Cam, when are you going to shut your mouth and listen? I don't mind being here. You're not getting rid of me that easy. I'm staying here." Prescott says.