morgan + beckham (3)

Morgan knows he could just wait until his best friend Beckham is off of work, but he can't stop thinking about this; they need to talk now.

He stops at the front desk; Beckham works in an office where you have to be "paged" in.
"Hi. Do you know if Beckham Briggs is here?" He asks.
The girl at the front desk smiles at him. "Um, I'm not sure. I can check." She says. She presses a button on her phone. "Hi, Mr. Briggs! Someone is here to see you? What's your name?"
"Morgan Stokes,"
"— Morgan Stokes. Okay. Alright."
"You can go in, sweetie. Go to the end of that hallway, turn left and it'll be the third door on your right."
Morgan nods, thanking her and heading down the hallway.

Beckham greets Morgan by standing in the doorway of his office.
"Look at you, Mr. Smart-Guy," Morgan says. "Barely in your sophomore year of college and you already got your own office."
Beckham laughs, closing his door behind them. "What's up?"
"So... there's a girl... Her name is Lilli—"
"She'd be a lucky girl to get you—" Beckham begins, his heart at the bottom of his stomach.
"No. I— I don't like her. She won't leave me alone. I need your help."
Beck grins, looking down at his feet as he leans against his desk. "How do you propose I do that?"
Morgan chuckles nervously. "She—she invited me to this party. Tomorrow night. And I was wondering..." Morgan pauses, unsure how to ask the question because in all honesty, he wants to ask the question for real, and not just to get rid of someone else. "Can you pretend to be my boyfriend? It'll just be for the night, and hopefully I can get her off my back."
Beckham smiles again, stepping forward quickly, pushing Morgan against his desk.
"Who says we have to pretend?" Beckham says softly. Morgan's breath gets caught in his throat and he swallows hard, looking up to meet Beckham's gaze. Beckham raises his hand, putting his hand over top of Morgan's heart.
"Your hearts beating pretty fast. You nervous?" Beckham asks, smirking at Morgan.
Morgan takes a deep breath, both hands gripping the edge of Beckham's desk behind his back.
A knock on Beckham's office door scares both of them.

"I'll see you tomorrow night," Morgan says, slipping out past the front desk girl again, who hands him a paper.

Morgan hasn't talked to Beckham since the day before; to be honest, he's not even sure if Beckham will even go to the party with him.

When he walks into the party, he sees Lilli standing in the corner talking to a friend; when she sees him, she smiles, running over towards him.
"Morgan! Come meet my friends! They're over here—" Lilli says, beginning to pull him towards her friends.
"Morgan!" A new voice says; they both turn and see Beckham walking through the door. "Hey! I've been looking for you! Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Beckham, Morgan's boyfriend."
Morgan let's out a sigh, leaning again Beckham.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know you had a boyfriend, Morgan. I'm really sorry. I should've asked first." Lilli says, apologizing.
Beckham wraps his arms around Morgan's waist, pulling him against his chest, resting his head against Morgan's.
"It's okay, Lilli. I'm sorry. I should've told you,"
"It's okay. Really. Nice to meet you, Beckham. I'll see you around, Morgan." Lilli walks off and Beckham grabs Morgan's wrist, pulling him out of the main area.
"I want to talk to you," Beckham says.
Morgan freezes.
"Beckham? What are you doing here?" Someone asks. A very handsome someone, at that. Jealousy blooms in Morgan's chest.
"I'm just here with Morgan! Morgan this is Justin, Justin this is Morgan. Justin and I work together." Beckham says, looking at Morgan who nods and shakes Justin's outstretched hand.
Justin glances at Beckham, smiling. "Glad to see you! Again... I guess, since I saw you at work earlier."
Beckham laughs. "I hate to run off, but Morgan and I were actually just leaving. But, I'll see you at work?"
Justin nods. "Yeah. Bye guys!"

Morgan turns his head as they walk away.
"I meant what I said yesterday." Beckham says softly in Morgan's ear, his head still turned.
"Hmmph?" Morgan says, met with Beckham's lips against his when he turns back.
Beckham pulls back slowly, looking at Morgan.
"Beck..." Morgan says softly.

Morgan closes the door to his bedroom behind himself and Beckham; Beckham stands in the doorway, looking at Morgan who's standing in front of his dresser.

"What now?" Beckham asks, eyeing Morgan.
"I don't know." Morgan answers honestly. "Look, I like you, Beck. I really, really like you."
Beckham smiles, moving forward and sitting on the edge of Morgan's bed, holding his hands out.
Morgan grabs Beckham's hands, letting him pull him onto his lap.
"You've been my best friend for ten years, Beck. I think it's time now to be more than best friends," Morgan says.
Beckham smiles. "I've been waiting to hear you say that for six years," he says softly.
"Wow, didn't know I'd had that effect on you for so long," Morgan whispers, leaning forward.
Beckham bites his lip. "You always will."
Morgan kisses him hard. "I hope I do."

10/10/2022
oookay so....
it kinda sucked but i've had writers block for so long that it's a wonder i managed to write this much at all tbh