griffin + keenan (3)

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝟐𝟒, 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝟐𝟐

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐭: 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐄𝐱-𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴

The morning of Griffin's first day of his Sophomore year of college went nothing like he has planned. He's studying to be an ER nurse, as well as his one of his housemates, Shiloh; they both still have to take some basic classes, such as English.

After the end of his first year, Griffin and a couple of his friends decided to rent a house near campus, so that they wouldn't have to live on campus in the dorms. It's a five bedroom, three bathroom house that has a basement; much better than a dorm, and you get more privacy.

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴

"What's our first class today?" Shiloh asks, pulling her phone out of her pocket and typing out a quick text.
Griffin looks at his schedule. "English. Same classroom as last year. Supposed to be a new teacher. I wonder what happened to Mrs. Beaumont..."
"I thought she got pregnant?"
Griffin nods. "Yeah, I think you're right, actually. And then, I think we're good until 10:00 o'clock with classes, which only gives us an hour, but still..."

Griffin pauses in the doorway of the classroom upon seeing his new English teacher.
"Ah, Mr. Findlay, please stop hovering in the doorway and find a seat."
Keenan Wallace— AKA, his brother Cameron's ex-best friend— is now his English professor.

Shiloh pushes Griffin through the doorway, and into the back of the room.
"Who was that? What was that? You know him??" Shiloh asks, as soon as they're both in their seats.
Griffin sighs, running his hand down the side of his face. "Yes, I know him. His name is Keenan Wallace. He was my brother, Cameron's, best friend up until the summer before their freshman year of college."
"Was? What happened?"
Griffin shrugs. "They has some sort of falling out, that's all I know. I-"
But he's interrupted by 'Prof. Wallace' saying,"Class, if I may have your attention please. Oh, and Mr. Findlay, please see me after class."

Yep, it's going to be a long term.

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴

"Mr. Findlay, if I may see you." Keenan says as the class packs up, leaving to go wherever it is that they go next.
"I'll wait for you in the hallway," Shiloh mutters.
"That won't be necessary, Ms. Brown. I can personally escort Mr. Findlay wherever it is that he needs to be next." Keenan says.

"You're a professor now, are you, Professor Wallace?" Griffin asks, the door closed. "You're 24 years old. How are you a professor?"
"Does it matter how or why I'm a professor?" Keenan asks.
"Why are you here? You weren't my best friend, you were Cameron's, and Cameron isn't here anymore. I don't know what you want."
Regret, amongst all kinds of things flash across Keenan's face. "Okay, maybe we started off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry about Cameron. I miss him—"
"THEN WHERE WERE YOU?" Griffin shouts. "Where were you when he needed you most? You didn't even come to his funeral. Now you just happen to show up at the college I go to, and you're a professor? If I'm missing something, then please tell me, because I'm confused."
"Griffin—"
"Goodbye, Professor Wallace. I'll see you next class." Griffin picks up his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder, and walks out of the classroom, letting the door slam behind him and finding Shiloh still standing in the hall.

Keenan sighs, turning and sitting at his desk, opening his backpack and pulling out the note from Cameron.