"Eddie the freak, with Chrissy the cheerleader?"

"Okay, first, he's not a freak, and two, I know Chrissy was supposed to buy drugs from Eddie yesterday. Maybe it was about that? That's why they were together?" I defend.

"Maybe it was..." Max says, "His name is not in the news yet, but I guarantee, Eddie is suspect number one right now"

"That's crazy, Eddie didn't do this, no way" Dustin spits back, "Right Avery? He wouldn't?"

"No way, I know it looks like he's trouble, but he's really a big sweetheart. No way he could kill someone"

"We can't rule it out!" Max argues.

"Yes we can!" the curly haired boy states back, "You don't know him like we do Max! Okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie"

"Okay, well I mean, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy" the girl indicates, "Yeah he's a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend"

"So you're basically comparing Eddie, to Ted Bundy?" I demand to the girl.

"No, I'm not saying- I'm saying we can't presume anything okay?" she stammers, "But it doesn't look good for Eddie right now"

Dustin sits on his bed and Max follows him, I just stay on my feet in front of them.

"Why haven't you told the cops this? You could've this morning when they were there" I ask Max.

"I... I don't know" she shakes her head.

"You don't know?"

Max sighs and continues, "After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer..." she pauses and looks at me, "...something else happened"

I nod my head and urge her to go on.

"I was watching TV and the lights at my place started going crazy. Then I heard a scream, most likely Eddie, so I went over to the window and I saw him run to his van and drive away like a maniac" she calmly describes.

"Nothing that weird or anything, Eddie always drives like an idiot, and the power goes out at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But... This morning, I started to think back, and... I don't know" she trails off before meeting my eyes again.

"The look on his face, he was scared Avery. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know he just... killed someone or..." my heart stings at her words. I wonder what happened for him to be so scared.

Dustin shakes his head at her words, not wanting to believe his friend could have just killed someone. Max ignores the boy and continues again, "Or maybe um... maybe, because... I don't know, maybe..."

"Something else, killed her?" I speak up and both of the kids look up at me.

"That's impossible, right?" Max asks, concerned.

"I don't know..." I look off in the distance, "It should be"

"There's one person that knows what actually happened..." Dustin says.

"Eddie" Max finishes his sentence.

We all walk out Dustin's bedroom, making our way out of the house. Mrs. Henderson sees us and her eyes go wide.

"Dustin where are you going?"

"To see a friend" he opens the door and Max slips out.

"You saw the news it's not safe!" she begs her son.

"Don't worry Mrs. Henderson, I'll keep them safe!" I say and close the door behind us.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀