He stared at me for a few seconds before answering, “I know that. And, we already had a discussion about this yesterday, Eirene. Your actions were unconscious and you did not realise the consequences. Your behaviour because of your mental state was justified. I’m tired, let’s talk about this tomorrow?”

I came to stand in front of him, “I need to talk about it, now.”

He clicked his tongue and folded his arms across his chest, “Okay. Talk.”

“I want you to talk.” I sighed out.

“About?”

“About you, Darius.”

“What about me?”

Infuriated, I kept staring at him, and after a while he sighed and cupped the side of my face, “I have nothing to tell you.”

After saying that, he turned around to go upstairs but I stopped him by grabbing his hand.

“Just because my medical analysis states that my PTSD was triggered, did it not hurt you?” I asked quietly.

His back muscles tensed and I gulped, “Say something.” I whispered after a solid pause of two minutes.

“Yes, it did hurt.” He whispered without turning to face me.

I went to stand in front of him but he avoided my gaze, “Then tell me that. I wanna hear it from you. Tell me, I hurt you. Intentionally or unintentionally, it doesn’t matter. Complain to me. Punish me, scream at me. But, don’t do this. Don’t just care about me. Let it all out.” I pleaded.

He shook his head, “I want to sleep.” He said right before he side-stepped me and made his way upstairs.

“Can you sleep that easily?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Came his reply.

A few seconds later, I heard our bedroom door being shut and it broke my heart. Not because he did not talk to me, but because he still did not want to talk about his pain.

I went up to my room and changed into an oversized knitted jumper with some cotton shorts.

After washing my face and patting it dry, I grabbed my phone and made my way to our room.

He must be asleep.

That's what I have been doing ever since I came here. I would go to sleep next to him late at night and wake up before him to go back to the other room.

I quietly opened the door and was surprised to see him sitting on the floor, facing the balcony doors that were open. The curtains swayed with the gentle blows of wind and the only source of lighting were the bedside lamps.

I closed the door behind me and his head leisurely moved to the side as I started to walk in his direction.

He knew it was me.
His legs were stretched out in front of him and even though the wind was freezing cold, he sat shirtless with a cigarette hanging between his lips.

I sat down between his legs and put my legs on both sides of his body.

"So, I was right. You sneak in here to sleep every night." He commented after blowing out the smoke.

I shrugged in response, "And, I was right. You weren't able to sleep, either."

His eyes roamed my face for a few seconds before making eye contact, "I haven't been able to sleep properly since you left."

My heart skipped a beat and I nodded my head, "I know."

"You'll catch a cold." I said.

He put out his cigarette and my eyes went to the bullet scar on his chest. I traced it with my finger and I felt his body shiver under my hand.