finale

I smelled the air as it reeked of dirt and sweat. It was all around, just nasty.

There was something hot laying halfway on me. Almost to hot. And something was making a sound like snoring.

There was a soft texture under my hands and body and a cushion under my head.

My eyes didn't want to open, but I forced them.

Above me was a white ceiling. I looked to my left, and there was a dresser with a lamp and a picture in a frame. In the frame was a picture of two people on their wedding day.

I looked to my right next. There was another person lying on me. He had mid length black hair as dark as coal. And freckles that matched that of the stars covered his dirty face.

A pile of drool dripped out of his mouth as he snored loudly.

"Ace?" I questioned, confused. Didn't I just die or something? Didn't he just die at that?

He shot up at the mention of his name.

"I uh... I promise I was gonna shower after a small nap!" He defended jumping off the duvet.

"You okay, honey? You look a little lost?" He asked, coming over to check my temperature.

Tears fell from the corners of my eyes as I jumped up and hugged him.

"Nothing, just a nightmare!" I laughed, burying my face in his sweaty neck. It reeked of sweat and fire, but in an odd way, it was comforting.

"Jeez, I just went on one call without you! Don't start getting all mushy on me!" He joked, stroking my hair in a comforting manor.

"Sabo and Luffy want to come over for dinner, and Sabo is bringing his wife and kid to play with the youngins. Figured i'd give you enough time to make a bunch of meat for em'!" He exclaimed, picking me up. My legs were wrapped around his waist, and his hands held me up by my thighs.

"I love you." I kissed his face 100 times nonstop, earning a hearty laugh from him.

"Maybe I'll leave you here for more calls." He joked, putting me down so he could shower.

"Don't forget, we have that dinner at the firestation tomorrow night. Your partner said to tell you,'If you don't go, I'll take your kidney. You know I will' so I think you should go." Ace laughed, talking about Marco.

That's right. It was all just a dream. I'm a paramedic. My partner is Marco. Law is just a friend of mine from the hospital. Luffy and Sabo are Aces brothers. Luffy and him are firefighters, but Sabo is a lawyer.

Shanks is just my dad, and Uta is my sister. Whitebeard is the chief at the fire station. Garp raised the three boys with his best friend Dadan.

But... who was the old woman? Why did it feel so real... there's so many things that just don't add up.

"Mommyyyy," two little girls yelled as they ran into the room. Aces little mini me and her little mini me.

"Is Uncle Sabo really coming tonight?!" They asked enthusiastic.

Ace had finished his shower and was talking to the two. He had the youngest hanging down his back by her ankles while the oldest clung to his leg.

"Go tell Mommy she stinks! She needs a shower!" I laughed, going to get mine.

I enjoyed the hot water, but there was something that didn't add up at all. The surgery scar from the other world was still on my body.

I quickly got dressed and went to prepare dinner for the three brothers who could probably eat me out of house and home.

"Ace honey, do you mind asking them what time they'll be by?" I asked, frying the chicken legs.

"They said in about 30 or so!" He called back from the girl's room.

I took the last of the chicken out of the oil and sprinted to the room we shared.

"Ace! Come here! I need help!" He rushed into the room panicked only to see me sitting on the side of the bed.

"What is it?" He asked, worried.

I grabbed his collar and pulled him into the bed with me. "A wife can't miss her husband? I asked, laughing.

He got the hint and removed his shirt. The circular scar was on his chest and probably back.

"What you forgetful or something all a sudden? The one on the front is from my wreck, and the one on my back is from that fire accident with the oxygen cans." He pulled me up and checked my temperature.

"Honey, are you okay?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just had a weird dream, is all. I'll get over it later." I smiled up at him.

"Well, save this for after dinner then. They should be here soon."

Luffy arrived alone and kept going on and on about how he was going to be the next fire chief while Sabo was lovey with Koala. Our girls played with their son happily. They fought over who would marry who, and we all laughed.

It was an amazing life.

I went out to grab a drink from the outside fridge, and a side thaught hit me. I went back inside and took a drink. I couldn't think about it right now. They would know.

"Thank you so much for dinner, Mrs. Portgas. It was good like usual!" Koala thanked while dragging her son out of the house as well as her husband before he ended up staying talking all night.

Luffy soon left as well to go spend some time at the station, and it was just me, Ace, and the kids.

"I love you so much..."Ace said as he helped me with the dishes. "I don't know how I got so lucky." He gushed, putting his head on mine.

I went to bed that night with many thoughts, but one stuck out to me the most.

Everything is way too perfect, so where is he?

Where is Edward Teach?
Where is Blackbeard?

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!

Also, if you enjoyed this book, I have a second Ace book in the works with 15 or so parts published! It's a modern AU about Ace as a dirt track racer. It's called dirt tracks and lilacs! I hope you read it!