part fourteen

I woke up to the sound of Aces boots hitting the floor as he tried to tie them and lost his balance.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you..." He scratched the side of his face.

"I wanted to send you off anyway. " I yawned rubbing the crust from my eyes. "Are you sure you wanna skip breakfast?" I questioned him.

He shrugged with a pitiful smile. "Guess I'm just not hungry after the other day..." He awkwardly adjusted the strap on his shoulder with a tight grip. "I should get going, are you gonna come kiss me goodbye?" He asked trying to lighten the mood.

I nodded and followed him to the side of the ship where his little rocket sat floating in the calm waters.

"So... I guess this is goodbye for now?" He asked not looking away from his little boat.

"Yeah..." I mumbled rubbing my arm.

Hey, (Y/N). Do you... want me to live?" He continued staring at the moving water below us. The answer ment more to him than anything.

"More than you could ever know, Ace. I would suffer through a thousand different lifetimes just for you to be alive with me in every single one of them." I expected him to accept the response and leave like it was nothing, but in a moment he spun around and dipped me down into a passionate kiss. His body was so hot it almost felt like it was almost going to burn me.

I guess that's why people say don't play with fire. You'll always end up hurt.

"Then I guess I'll just have to find you in every single one of em'" He gave a cheeky smile pulling me back up before jumping down onto his boat. He untied the road and started drifting away.

I watched as he cupped his hands around his mouth about to say something.

"Hey, (Y/N)! I love you too!" He put his hands on his hips proud. He lost his balance and almost fell in the ocean.

"I hope you do." I muttered with a smile as I watched his fire spit out the end of his rocket looking ship.

I walked back into the room we had shared most nights. That's when it actually hit me...

Ace was going to die, and I didn't even try and stop it. I just let him sail away to chase what I presumed to be the cause of his death.

I let my back slide down the door as heartbroken sobs poured out of my body slowly getting louder. I never wanted this to happen.

A gentle knock came from the other side of the door. To be honest, I didn't want to answer it, but I figured it was Marco.

I sucked up my crying and turned around to unlock it. My eyes met his tired ones. After hearing the stories, I knew this man had been through more than anyone could imagine.

I sniffled trying not to cry as he gave a weak smile. "We both know how this is going to end... don't we?" Marco asked trying not to let his true emotions show. I simply nodded and hugged the tall male. We both needed one.

It was nothing more than two friends comforting eachother.

I thaught for a minute as I sat on the bed. It smelled thickly of Ace, and brought me some kind of comfort. I never thought if end up with him of all people... I thaught I would end up with Sabo.

Sabo...

Wait a second...

Sabo...?

Wasn't his timer something like 50 years? Was it cut short, or could it be...

How could it have taken me that long to realize something so crucial. Was that memory being blocked by something? Or maybe someone...

"Marco!" I called as I rushed through the halls needing to find him. "Marco!" I called again only to be met with a crash. He quickly ran out of the room he was in holding his messy hair.

"Jesus, are you dying?!" He scolded trying to focus his eyes. He had been in a dark room and just rushed out into the lit hallway.

"I think Aces brother is alive!" I announced earning a deadpaned look. Marco placed the back of his hand on my head. "You feel a little warm, let me examine-" I huffed loudly.

"Not luffy, Sabo! The one who we thaught died when we where kids!" I announced earning another odd look from Marco. He quickly ushered me into his office. The smell of alcohol almost made me vomit.

"I'm just gonna give you a nice little check up..." He tried to make it sound like I wasn't absolutely insane and he was checking me for a psychotic break from Aces departure.

"I'll listen while I examine you..." He looked extremely worried as he started examining me.

"I just have reason to believe Sabo is alive!" I announced happily. He just looked more worried as he listened to my heart.

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped as he moved the stethoscope farther down my tummy with a worried look.

"Um... It's not exactly my place-" I cut him off continuing about Sabo Ace and Luffy and their childhood.

"Have you and Ace-" I ignored him carrying on my antics.

He firmly grabbed my shoulders and held them tightly keeping me still.

"(Y/N), is there any chance you could be with child?"

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!