part seventeen

According to Shanks, who was avoiding me like the bubonic plague, we needed to stop at an island to restock on supplies and food.

He hadn't talked to me since I pretty much disowned him, but he gave me the basic information.

Marco continued to check up on the baby, ofcourse, she wasn't growing as much as she needed too.

The days on the ship where long, and as much as I wanted them to go by faster, I knew that would only bring the dreaded day where Ace would die.

I wondered how he would go. Would he be alone? Helpless? Maybe murdered infront of everyone? Maybe he'd cause a war. That sounded more like Ace.

I was torn from my thoughts by a drunk yassop shaking my shoulder telling me something about having to go on land to meet someone or something.

"Let's go get drunk! You've been stuck on this boat for-" he glanced back at his crew mate who was munching on meat.

"How longs it been, lucky?" The round man held up two fingers as he chewed his food.

"Two months!" Yassop had a wide smile as if he didn't just say something wild.

I had to get off this ship, and soon for that fact. Ace only had 4 months left, if even that. And our baby only had- I looked down at my belly "Gamble."

3 months 5 days 2 seconds

Not a long time.

Marco pushed past the two drunken pirates angrily. He ushered them out of my temporary room, and into the hall.

"I need some blood work." It wasn't anything out of the ordinary for Marco to show up for blood work. He was a doctor after all, and knew what he was doing.

"Do you want me to run the blood and find out the gender?" He seemed rather enthused by the idea.

"Not really..." I sighed. Why know the gender when you already know what's going to happen?

"Too bad."

I just accepted it and let him run the tests to tell us. It didn't take very long for him to come back with the results. He looked more upset than normal.

"It's a girl." He didn't seem upset about the gender, more so Ace wasn't here to hear it.

"Something is wrong with the blood work, but I'm sure it's just because I don't have my office." I wasn't going to be the bringer of bad news. He seemed genuinely happy thinking about a new addition to his family.

"I'll write Ace and tell him. I'm sure luffy can get it to him." I offered Marco a fake smile trying to make him feel better. He simply nodded and leaned on the table beside me.

"You need vitamin D. It'll be good for her too." He offered the same kind of smile. It's not that I didn't want to go on land, I more so didn't want to see people.

"Alright. " I regrettably agreed.

Marco grabbed my arm gently pulling me behind him and off the ship. He seemed more than happy to be off the ship.

The streets where bustling with annoying salesman. Might as wekk get some years while I'm here.

"Little miss, I bet I can guess your weight!" A creep called holding a stuffed animal.

"And I bet I can guess yours." That was just a part of my fruit. Anything to do with gambling.

"I bet you cant!" He seemed rather confident.

"Gamble." I mumbled looking at the man. I looked at the numbers above his head.

30 years 7 months 8 minutes

"Weight." I whispered looking at his weight. About 324.

"You weigh about 324, am I correct?" I asked confident in my ability. His mouth fell ajar confirming my answer.

"Take." Ten years was probably a little to long, but it wouldn't last me that long.

I ignored the man's angry calling and followed Marco closely.

"How did you do that?" He asked astonished.

I shrugged brushing it off as luck, which he didn't believe but let it go without another question.

"Can I be alone, Marco?" I asked sitting down on a high cliff looking down on the city. Quite impressive how far we traveled in that short time.

"I'll be within ear shot if you need me." He clearly understood I needed my time alone.

If only someone else did.

"Shouldn't you be with someone? It isn't safe for a lady who can't fight to be alone." The man asked looking around. I simply gestured my head towards Marco who stood picking bark off of a tree until he accidentally covered it in blue flames. Obviously he put them out.

"I just wanted to talk to you I'm private. We didn't meet in a way I would have preferred, and I've been beating myself up over it for months. " He scratched the side of his cheek sitting beside me on the cliff. I saw him gesture Marco that he could leave, but I doubt he did.

"Who exactly is your mom...?" His cheeks flushed a gentle pink, clearly there where a dozen names in his head.

"I don't know." I shrugged watching the waves crash against the shore, like two lovers destined to be apart.

"Look, I'm really sorry I wasn't there all those years, but it doesn't mean I can't be now. Why don't you just give me a chance?" He asked with a puppy dog expression. I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea for him to get close when everything was about to go downhill.

"One chance." My heart spoke before my brain could form a proper response.

"And if you screw it up, I'll tell this Uta chick. At least I think it's a chick..." I mumbled the last part to myself.

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!