part Nine

I had to stay on the ship, as we where no where near land, and whitebeard had told me, 'A friend of Ace is a friend of his crew'. I met the crew and made a few friends out of them. I quickly learned about the mission coming up with thatch and teach.

"Ace, I missed you." I laughed as he drunkenly played with a flame on his finger, struggling to put it out.

"I missed you too." He smiled with rosey red cheeks. "Will you become a whitebeard pirate and stay with us?" He sounded like a kid at a candy store. He didn't want to hear the word no.

"What is that, a marriage proposal?" I scoffed playfully as I lightly pushed his shoulder.

"It can be if you want it to be!" He had the biggest dorky smile on his face.

We were both beyond drunk, but I was sober enough to know he wasn't serious. "Ace, you're drunk."

His face turned more serious as if the drunk state from before had evaporated.  "(Y/N), I'm serious. I love you." He held a serious look as I soaked up his words.

I opened my mouth to speak but was quickly cut off by his guffaw laugh. "Don't look so serious!" He hollared, holding his stomach.

"You're nothing like the girl I remember." For some reason, his words cut me deep. It was a sort of realization.

"Yeah, you're more unorthodox than ever." His brows furrowed as he thought about my words.

"You know..." The seriousness was back in his voice. "You can't be using such big words with me!" He huffed, falling backward.

I shook my head, standing up from my spot on the ground. "I'm headed to bed." I dusted off my dress.

I ignored his begging as he tried to get me to stay. "Goodnight, fire fist Ace."

I walked out of the room and headed towards the nurses' rooms where I had been bunking. I stumbled back and forth, not totally balancing.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here on your own? Shouldn't you be in bed by now?" He was too close for comfort, and his yellow teeth emitted a foul stench. "Aren't you gonna answer?" He scoffed, annoyed.

"Hey Teach, we need to-" the man with a puff on his head stopped looking at the two infront of him.

"Ace isn't going to be happy if he catches you all over his girl." It was more of a warning than a statement.

"I'm sorry! I was just trying to help her to her room! She's mighty drunk..." the lies came easily to him, and she could tell. This man was in danger through and through.

"Well, I'll help her to her room. You go ahead and pack. We leave tomorrow night." The puffy haired man approved me and helped me to my bunk.

"He's not as bad as he seemes. He's just new." The man defended the creep. "By the way, I'm thatch." He held his hand out to shake, but I let it linger in the air. "That's okay." He smiled, retracting his hand.

He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Ace mentioned you a few times, but who exactly are you?" His face flushed a gentle pink as he stood infront of my bed.

"I'm (Y/N). Me and Ace grew up together." I yawned laying down.

"It's nice to meet you. Do me a favor and protect that idiot while I'm gone?" Thatch laughed closing the door behind him as he left.

But could I really? Could I protect Ace?

The next day came and surprisingly, I didn't have a hangover. Same with Ace. Then againbhe was probably used to consuming that much alcohol.

"Goodmorning Ace." I nodded politely as I sat beside him. Just because we had a good night last night it doesn't mean I forgave him for the cruel things said days before.

"Mornin' (Y/N)!: He cheered reaching for the pancake on my plate. Something told me he had no memory of last night. I just let him have the breakfast food without a complaint.

I stood up and smiled politely at him before going to the bathroom. I took care of my business and washed my hands before walking out of the wash room.

An oh to familiar face was waiting for you right outside.

"It would seem we never finished our little conversation last night." He smiled an ugly smile as he looked down at me.

"No thank you, I'm not interested in whatever your selling." I smiled politely trying to go around him, but he wasn't having it.

"I promise it's worth your-" he was cut off by a hand grabbing his shoulder.

"I think the lady said she wasn't into in whatever you where selling. Why don't you try selling it to someone else." The joyful look always plastered on Aces face never faltered, but the venom seaping off his words left a strict warning if the fire engulfing his hand wasn't enough.

"I was just trying to invite this beautiful lady to sit with me before I go on my mission." He smiled again noe looking at ace.

"No, the lady already promised she'd sit beside me. After all, she is-" he was cut off by someone else coming in. Why did everyone suddenly have to be here?

"Ace, is everything okay?" Marco questioned ready to pull him from a fight.

"Perfect. Me and teach where just discussing respecting a woman." He laughed, patting teach on the shoulder as he put out the fire on his other hand. There was a stern warning in his eyes as he grabbed my hand and walked back into the mess hall.

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!