He flirtatiously taps her chin.  "Well, you are my baby, right?"

"Damn right I am.  But umm... can you make me a promise?"

"What's that?"

"Can you promise me you won't ghost on me?"

"I-"

"And if you get tired of me, just let me know, okay?"

He exhales, sympathetically.  "... Veronica, you are my number one priority, right now, and you come second to none. I promise you that."

"Well, that's not true.  What about Aurora?  I'm sure she comes before me."

"I have a lot of love for her and the rest of the family.  But like I said... you are my priority, right now.  This relationship means everything to me, and I plan to do whatever it takes to make sure we grow into a forever thing.  So you come first."

They lock eyes. "...Boy, you gon' make me love you."

Darrell chuckles. "I'll call you when I leave from practice tonight."  He hugs her and then takes her hand before leading her to the door.

"Lock this door as soon as I leave.  If you see your ex, make sure you tell me ASAP. But when I get in the car, Imma make a call to ensure he doesn't bother you anymore."

"Yes, zaddy."

Darrell chuckles.  "Is that what you're gonna call me, now?"

"Well, I mean... You got my mind and my body right.  So, it's only right to call you that.  Shit, I'm having a hard time walking, right now.  You just can't tell 'cause I'm trying to play this shit off in front of you."

Darrell smirks.  "Crazy ass."

They hug and kiss one last time before Darrell walks away from the shop.  Veronica closes and quickly locks the door as she watches him walk to his car.  Once Darrell is inside, she does a little celebratory dance which is cut short due to the soreness between her legs.

She looks up to the ceiling.

"Thank you, God, for this breath of fresh air! Please don't let anything break up this relationship.  'Cause to be honest with you, I might have to put my hands on someone this time.  I'm just saying."
___

TWO WEEKS LATER

Today is the first day of Veronica's Nail Academy Program. She decided last week, that since her nail shop was finished sooner than she originally planned, she should just go ahead and look for nail techs to start soon.

So she created a website and announced her two day program on Instagram, directing people to sign up for it on her website. Out of the 40-something people that applied to the program, she chose 10 to participate, based on their personalities and cover letters.

Currently... the program participants are in the middle of 'model time' when Darrell walks into the shop, pulling his key out from the lock on the door.

Veronica smiles, happy to see him, but furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Well hello there. Did you forget I was starting the Academy, today?"

"I didn't forget. I'm here because you forgot something when you left the house."

"I did?"

"Yep. My kiss."

All the ladies smirk, admiringly, as they look back and forth between Darrell and an embarrassed Veronica.

"Darrell, I'm at work."

"And? Come give me my kiss."

"That's not professional."

"Ms. Carter, you know you're wrong for leaving that man without a kiss," one of the participants expresses before giving Veronica an encouraging wink.

All the other ladies chime in, agreeing with the participant's statement. Darrell grins and Veronica shakes her head at him.

"Excuse me, ladies. I'll be back in two minutes. I promise this won't happen again."

Veronica walks over to Darrell at the door, and leads him outside. She chuckles before playfully smacking him on the arm. "I cannot believe you just did that."

"I bet you won't forget my kiss again."

"And you say I'm crazy."

"Woman, gimme my kiss, so I can head to work."

Veronica pulls him away from the glass, so the ladies won't see them. She steps up on her toes and wraps her arms around his neck before kissing him deeply.

Veronica eventually pulls away and Darrell smacks her butt. "I'll see you, tonight, beautiful."

"Okay, zaddy. Have a great day at work."

"You, too, baby. Imma watch you go back inside before I leave."

Veronica pecks his lips before sashaying back into the shop. Darrell watches her hips and ass the whole time.

As soon as Darrell turns to leave, his phone rings. He answers it. "He pulled off?"

He listens to the person speak and then, "alright, let me know where he goes next, and I'll pull up on him."

Darrell ends the call and crosses the street to his car. He shakes his head at the thought of what he's about to do, and then hops inside.