I'll Take Care of You

Without breaking apart, somehow Bob and Eden made their way upstairs and into Bob's room. He kicked the door shut behind them. Eden tripped over the leg of the nightstand table causing her to fall back onto the bed. Bob and Eden burst out laughing as they panted catching their breath. 

He sat down onto the bed next to her, taking her hand in his and drawing light circles with his thumb across its back. 

"So this is an interesting turn of events," Eden said.

"Understatement of the century. I never thought that this would happen. I mean I've been thinking about this for years but I never imagined you could like me back."

"Years?"  

"Pretty much since that first night at the Hard Deck."

"You mean the night that you gave me a handshake goodnight?"

"Hey I was nervous. You were gorgeous and I was awkward and I messed everything up." 

"I was certain you weren't interested in me after that."

"Not interested?" he said in disbelief. "I can't believe I screwed things up so badly."

"Hey you didn't screw things up, we're here now."

"That we are." 

Bob stood up pulling Eden up with him. His hands started on her hips then travelled up the side of her body slowly. Moving up past her ribcage, up over her shoulders, and onto the sides of her face. His fingers ghosted over every bit of her face, his eyes following his fingers intently, drinking her in as if seeing her for the first time. 

"What are you thinking?" 

"I just – you look ... you're beautiful."

She reached up and pulled Bob down sharply into a kiss. She reached for the edge of his shirt pulling it over his head. 

"Are you sure? Do you want to wait?" he asked.

"I'm sick of waiting." 

That seemed to be all the encouragement Bob needed. 

"Clothes off. Now,"  he said helping her to discard her shirt and shorts. Splaying his hand across her ribs, he pushed her down onto the bed. Eden felt the heat coming off from him as he crawled up her body pressing kisses as he went along. He sat up unbuckling his belt gazing down at her. 

Eden was shocked, every movement, every touch, every kiss was confident and sure, so unlike him regularly. She found herself getting lost in the moment. Relishing the feeling of Bob's body against hers after wanting it for so long. 

"I promise I'll take care of you."

"You always do Bob." 

Eden woke up later that night still in Bob's room

Eden woke up later that night still in Bob's room. She grabbed the first thing she could find on the floor and slipped it on, ducking across the hall to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror at her dishevelled hair and couldn't fight the stupid grin on her face. She looked down at Bob's grey t-shirt covering her body wishing that it covered a little more of her as she heard the sound of voices coming from downstairs. She listened at the door to try to make sure no one was in the hallway and when she thought the coast was clear she inched the door open. Stepping out into the hall she jumped at the sound of someone coming up the stairs. She dashed across the hallway and into Bob's room, shutting the door behind her, leaning up against it.

Bob was sitting up in his bed, the sheets draped across his lap and his hair sticking up in all directions. He stared at her unmoving for a moment before sliding himself over until he was sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"What is it?" she asked. He didn't say anything he just leaned over running his hands through his hair then resting his head on his hands, staring at the ground. 

"Bob?" she said again, getting worried. 

"Come here," he said still not looking over at her. Eden walked slowly towards him stopping just in front of his knees. He reached forward grabbing the back of her thighs pulling her closer until she stood between his legs. His head rested on her stomach as his hands played with the fraying hem of his shirt. 

"Are you wearing my shirt?"

"I am," Eden said hesitantly. "Do you want me to take it off?"

"No," he quickly said as his hands gripped her legs tightly.

"Yes," he mumbled after a moment. Looking up at her, taking his time to track his eyes across every inch of her body. "I'm confused."

"I'm confused," Eden emphasized. Bob suddenly leaned backwards pulling her leg over his own so they were laying down and she was straddling him. 

"I like seeing you in my clothes," he said tugging down slightly on his shirt, "but then again I really liked seeing you not in my clothes." His hands travelled upwards pushing his shirt with them so it barely covered her thighs. 

Eden started laughing. Stopping only when Bob flipped them over again so that she was on her back and he was laying on top of her. 

"God I'm in love with you," he said. Eden knew she would never get tired of hearing him say those words.