good morning to you, too

Start from the beginning

pip holds onto my chin and forces me to look into her eyes, trying to pry every truth out of me. "look at me aria." i nod in response. "are you going to fuck asher?" she asks slowly.

according to him, no.

according to me, oh i'm definitely working on it.

"because you know that would be cheating and breaking your promise, correct?" she adds.

yes. obviously.

and if i did that, the whole point of this bet would be thrown in the garbage. the goal is for him to fall for my personality, not the sex. and we can't give him the chance to do that if we're having sex.

"yes. you're right. but realistically, do you actually want me to stick to my promise?"

pip releases me and goes quiet.

i think we both know the answer.

"but what about juliet?"

juliet is the only reason i haven't tried to fuck asher.

well, the only reason i haven't tried it while sober. you wouldn't believe how horny i can be when i'm drunk.

"that's the issue. i can't go behind her back like that" i sigh.

pip smiles evilly, "i could cover for you?"

"please don't tempt me, pip" i whine, stressfully pinching in between my eyebrows with my eyes shut. "it wouldn't be right."

"so talk to her about it" she shrugs.

"there wouldn't be a point. i'd be rigging the bet."

pip looks down and hums, finally stumped. "guess you'll just have to hold back, then."

"hold back until what? until he confesses his undying love for me? until he tells me he doesn't feel the same way? until he treats me like shit? how will we know when it's been enough time to confess my feelings and finally settle the bet?"

this. this is why we need to ask juliet how the bet is gonna go. because i've come to the realization that we never clarified how we'll know it's been enough time to finalize that he doesn't have a soft spot for me.

because i don't know how much longer i can keep this stupid fucking promise.

"maybe we just keep rolling with it. you've made a shit ton of progress, haven't you?"

i nod. "i have. so we'll just keep going like this until we come across the end of the bet?"

"mhm" she hums. "but just... don't tell juliet about your little affair, alright? you were both drunk, it was just a one time thing. we'll never acknowledge it again."

"right."

but how the hell am i supposed to pretend it didn't happen? i'm even more fired up now than i was before. i'm not gonna be able to stop myself next time something like that happens even while we're sober. 

"plus, we don't even know yet if he'll fuck me" i add. "he always says it's forbidden. i'm not gonna try to convince him to change his mind when it goes against the bet anyways."