Ch 65 : To Keep Everyone Happy

"I want to know more about uncle!"

Ah yes, Athanasia's mind had just exploded and she instinctively jumped on Arius. The two of them fell on Claude's lap and Claude was just processing this whole scene, when-

Knock

Knock

Olivia entered the room with a bag of ice.

"Uh. . . Your Majesty. . ." She looked as confused as Felix was.

Felix broke out of his trance and took the bag of ice Olivia was holding and told her to wait outside. He then looked towards Claude wondering what to do next.

"D-Daddy! Brother's burning up! He's like a volcano! "

Arius tried to protest but Athanasia had her hands on his mouth. Not just that but, his fever wasn't gone and so yes, he did feel exhausted from all that talking with Athanasia and then the physical exertion he did.

And Claude obviously not wanting to talk on that subject further decided to go with Athanasia's words and held out his hand for Felix to give the bag of ice.

"Athanasia let go of your brother, he's still sick."

"Of course Daddy! I was just worried about how much energy he was exerting!" Athanasia glared at Arius before getting off.

Claude fixed Arius's position so that his head would be on his pillow and not his lap.

"Dad, it's not that bad." Arius spoke finally after Claude pulled the sheets over him.

"We can talk once you've completely recovered."

Athanasia gave out a sigh of relief. She thanked Olivia from the bottom of her heart. And gave Arius one hella scary glare to keep him from asking needless questions.

Arius pouted and frowned as he really wanted to know about his uncle. And if his dad didn't hate Anastacius as much as they thought, then maybe bringing Jennete in the Palace as Princess Jennete daughter of Anastacius instead of Claude was possible and a good decision?

Instead of living the way Jennete is right now, yearning for family love, wouldn't bringing her in the Palace, as their cousin and not sister, be a good option?

Of course Arius knew how Claude treated Athanasia after Jennette's appearance in the Novel. But This isn't Lovely Princess, this is Who made me a Princess. And Athanasia and Claude already have a good bond which Jennete can't replace just with her presence.

Plus Arius was here too this time. He'd make sure to keep Athanasia and Claude's relationship safe, while keeping Jennete happy as well.

She is their cousin.

Arius was sulking with his eyes closed when Claude's large hands caressed his forehead. His cold hands that brought a wave of calmness to his mind. And then came the ice. Ah, a bit too cold all at once, but Arius felt better after the ice bag was on his forehead.

Arius opened his eyes slowly and saw Claude talking to Athy. Their voices were slowly fading as the coolness from the ice bag reached Arius's every nerve and relaxed it. The last thing Arius heard before drifting to sleep was Athanasia singing him a Lullaby.

"The moon smiles down on. . ."

_________________

Arius woke up to the sight of the crescent moon shining outside his window. He closed his eyes to process his dream. Unlike his usual Mom dreams, this was just what Arius had asked. A dream about Claude and Anastacius. Before he turned into the tyrant he was.

They were like normal brothers. The dream-or memory to be more precise was quite short actually. It only showed how Anastacius was walking through the Palace gardens with Claude's hand held tight.

Like a protective older brother.

Arius took a deep breath.

Yep, they definitely had a good relationship.

Then maybe Claude's reaction to Jennette's existence might not be bad.

Why wait till the debutante?

Ijekiel was leaving for Arlanta in a week.

They could reveal Jennette's existence right when he leaves, so that Jennette doesn't have to be alone in the Alpheus Duchy.

Why can't they all be treated nicely? Equally? Why does it have to be just Jennette or Just Athanasia? Why not all?

Okay maybe that was asking a lot.

After all their dad did use black magic. But wasn't everything already back to normal. Claude remembers all his memories, which is why he can show them to him in his dreams. Claude isn't the cold hearted emperor anymore. He's a loving father.

Ah, but Arius needed Athanasia's approval to do something. He can't be selfish and do things just because of how he feels.

Arius sat up straight. His fever was now non-existent. He was in his dad's room yet there was no sign of Claude.

Usually Claude doesn't leave Arius alone when he sleeps. Even Olivia isn't there. Did something happen?

Arius took the sheets off of himself and walked over to the door, opening it and seeing the usual empty Garnet Palace corridors.

Not even Felix or Gunther stood outside.

Yep definitely weird.

Arius walked through the corridors and to the dining room. Maybe they were having dinner? Since it is around that time. But there was no one there.

Strange.

Arius had a bad feeling about this. He ran through the corridors and soon began shouting their names.

"Dad!"

"Athy!"

He stopped, panting.

"Felix! Olivia!"

No one responded.

"Gunther!"

"Lucas!"

He shook his head around in hopes of seeing someone.

But no one.

He couldn't explain the feeling in his chest but it felt wrong. It felt bad. He felt strange.

He decided to go to the Sapphire Palace and if no one's there then the Emerald Palace and if there's no one even there then the Aquamarine Palace.

He was panicking too much. He needed to think rationally dammit. He took a few deep breaths and was about to start running again, but he saw something.

A door.

Was that door there before?

A wooden door with door knob different from what he'd ever seen in the Palace. In a corridor with walls of the same color, stood a familiar yet out of place door.

He'd seen that door somewhere. He walked towards it with his hand stretched towards it.

His fingers rubbed against that door before encircling the round door knob. He was about to open it, but he had it again. That same bad feeling.

But no.

He had to open it. His family and friends could be inside. He needs to see.

And so, he opened it.

But he was not ready to see the other side.

"Well guess who decided to finally crawl out of the basement?"

Arius's- no, Kazuma's mother stood there placing a dish in the fridge.

"Dinners over. Go study now."

Kazuma watched in horror as he realized, that wooden door with a round knob, was the door to the basement where he died.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!