Ch 30 : Siblings

The Palaces they recieved were hella different from Ruby Palace. The Emerald Palace , following its name was embedded with Emeralds and had a combination of white and shades of greens. It looked absolutely stunning.

And the Sapphire Palace , was embedded with Sapphires and had a combination of white and shades of blue. It looked so graceful and elegant.

Both siblings were quite pleased with their new residency.  And the Palaces were, as Claude had said, quite close to each other.

The Palace buildings were about only a kilometer away from each other and their gardens were interconnected. Speaking of gardens, upon exploring Athanasia found that she had her own garden filled with roses,  her favorite flowers. And Arius found a garden filled with purple roses, similar to the Amethyst Garden.

And the Garden that interconnected the two's Palaces was filled with Blue Hydrangea. 

And behind the two Palaces there was a training ground. The knights were equally happy about this.

It all seemed too good to be true. Athanasia was amazed that Jenette lived in such a beautiful place.

After having their discussion of praises for their residency.  Arius along with his knight stayed in Emerald Palace for the time being.

"So guys I was thinking of visiting everyone else." Arius spoke.

"Do you think dad would let us leave, now that Felix isn't here either?"

"I could...convince him." Arius said as he scratched his neck.

"Well , you don't sound confident enough."  said Athanasia.

"Is there any specific reason why you'd like to visit?" Gunther asked.

"Just seeing everyone and there was also something I wanted Winslow and Willow to check for me."

"What do you want them to check for you?" Athanasia asked.

"Oh , its-"

Lilian suddenly entered the room with a big box.

"Can the two of you please help me give some boxes to Olivia? These are Prince Arius's clothes. It seems there was a mixup in the sudden transfer." she looked tired, not surprising since they only had a few hours to transfer everything from Ruby Palace to the new Palaces. And she was helping Olivia with Sapphire Palace as well.

Cadell and Gunther nodded and began following Lilian.

Arius and Athanasia were left in the room alone. Arius looked at Athanasia with utmost seriousness.

"Athy-no Lee Jae Hye. " Arius stated.

Ah, wait , I forgot the name.

Athanasia still flinched on the mention of those words.

"B-Broth-"

"No need to be scared. We both are reincarnated. And I'm your ally." Arius spoke.

Athanasia took a while to process his words.

"I lived in Japan, and you ?" Arius asked. He already knew the answer but thought it'd be better to pretend not to. He was going to act as if he never read Who made me a princess.

"...South Korea.."

"I thought it was weird, since Athanasia met Claude at the age of nine. But you met him when you were five. I though it was because I entered the story...But our previous conversation with Duke Alpheus made me suspicious..." Arius explained.

"I thought brother was suspicious too!- " Athanasia stated abruptly before placing her hands on her mouth. "...I can still call you brother, right?" she asked and Arius chuckled at her question.

"Of course Athy, our pasts aside , now we're siblings. Doesn't matter whether we're in a novel or not!" Arius told her.

"So you've read Lovely Princess ?"

"Yea, but I don't remember the details. I know about Duke Alpheus and our cousin, and the fact that Dad has used Dark magic. "

"All this time you knew how Claude acts in the original novel, and yet you still act so recklessly in front of him!", Athanasia clenched her fists and glared at Arius, "What if we die thanks to you!?"

"Oh, don't worry Athy, Dad won't kill us. Trust me.", Arius picked up a cookie from the plate before him and began munching on it. " This isn't Lovely Princess. The story changed when both of us got reincarnated.  This won't be like the original. "

"How can you be so sure?" Athanasia asked as she too hovered her hand on the plate of cookies, choosing the sweetest looking one.

"Because if Dad tries to ever kill you , I'll knock some sense into him. This time, you have an older brother who won't let Claude kill you. I'll be with you, always. " Arius smiled.

"And...what if..." Athanasia feared the next words.

"I won't die either. " Arius assured her and also smirked.

Athanasia wanted to ask how he was so confident. What made him so sure? But she remained quiet as she gazed at his fearless expression. He just faces assassins the night before and yet how? how can he be so confident that the next time assassins come, he won't die? or what if Claude loses his temporary sanity and kills him ?

Arius didn't know it either. It was last night when he felt as if he was about to die.

The fear he felt in that moment was embedded in his heart. He knew all too well how weak he was. And how easily he could be killed.

But Arius also realized something yesterday. The reason why the assassins dagger did not penetrate his heart last night was because of the protection spell placed on him by Claude. Simply knowing that made Arius happy.

"Brother, why did u decide to tell me this now? Athanasia asked.

"Because I wanted to be honest with you. You are my sister. I don't know if you think of me as a brother but I've always thought of you as a sister and I wanted you to know that I'm always gonna be on your side." Arius told her and Athanasia unknowingly began to  cry.

They both shared a deadly hug, as Athanasia almost strangled him. But in the end,  Arius felt happy about being honest with Athanasia. He felt as if their bond as siblings had become stronger thanks to this.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!