Ch 11 : Claude Is Angry?

.
.
"What?" Arius gulped.

He was currently having breakfast with Athanasia and Claude. Claude raised a brow on his sons rather surprised expression.

"You will have tea with me in the evening. Do you not want to ?" Claude inquired as he made eye contact with him. Arius averted his eyes.

'AAAAAA WHY ?! WHY EVENING !? AND TODAY OF ALL DAYS!!! We were gonna Investigate that suspicious bakery from yesterday!! But if I say no he might get suspicious '

"Athy would love to have tea with Daddy! " Athanasia beamed at Claude and then looked at her brother who was sitting opposite to her.

"Is there something you wanna tell us Dad? We do eat breakfast and dinner together, you can just- " Arius tried to save his evening but was cut off by Claude.

"Is your evening stroll more important than spending time with your father? " Claude grumbled.

"That's not what I said. I simply asked whether there is any specific reason for you to suddenly invite us to tea in the evening." Arius said.

Claude sighed "Nevermind. Forget I asked you."

'huh? is... he mad? over this ? ' Arius slightly tilted his head observing Claude's expressions to understand what he meant.

After Breakfast

Felix was escorting the royal siblings out of the Garnet Palace.

"Your Highness , I believe His Majesty has become lonely as you haven't been visiting him much. " Felix said

'Eh' The siblings thought in sync. 'Claude, lonely?....' They both were dumbfounded at the thought of it.

"Your Highness , Before you used to come everyday , everytime you could to meet His Majesty. Although His Majesty didn't show it , he would always await your arrival. But lately you haven't been visiting him as much. So I believe he has become lonely" Felix smiled at the siblings.

"....I see.." Arius replied , still a bit doubtful about his words. "Don't worry, Felix. I will visit him in the afternoon."

Felix beamed. "His Majesty would be most pleased. "

The siblings parted ways soon as Arius was heading to the Library for his Lessons and Athanasia was heading back to Ruby Palace for her Liberal Arts Lessons.

'Lonely , huh... Maybe Dad's just suspicious . I stopped asking him to let me leave the Palace ever since that day. And I requested free time in the evening too... he probably realized something was strange. '

Suddenly Claude's face from that day flashed through his head. He remembered the way his Dad had hugged him and apologized to him for his wrongdoings. Arius stopped walking and went into deep thinking.

'did he really miss me...cause I wasn't visiting... Jeez what a tsundere. Whenever I did come he would act indifferent to it and act as if I was interrupting his paperwork. And he did give me a clear statement that I couldn't go out of Palace grounds. I didn't see any point in continuing to pester him about it. And we do meet for breakfast and dinner. We see each other twice everyday.'

He gave out a long sigh.

'Plus... I feel like Athy's being left out. Claude's attention is too much on me. Athy is also his daughter. Even though she's just trying to gain his favour to survive. She was an orphan in her previous life too , I want her to experience fatherly affection, at least in this life. Claude is the father of us both. His love, care and attention should be equally divided among both of us. I want to give them some father-daughter time so they can build a good relationship'