Ch 44: Excuse

This was the dark reality.

After hearing the explanation from Arius, Gunther also excused himself as he needed time to process it all and transfer it to Cadell. Thus, he went to the training grounds behind the two palaces, leaving the royal siblings alone.

"Athy, is something bothering you?" Arius asked as he was lying on the floor after the whole talk.

"Not at all! Except just that woman." Athanasia smiled brightly, but Arius could feel lies in her words. She usually doesn't talk with him in her bubbly tone.

Arius sat up straight to see her munching on some biscuits.

"You don't need-"

"Oh right, you met the Dukes son today, how was he like?" Athanasia cut off Arius's statement with her question.

"Kiel? " Arius asked a bit surprised from the sudden topic.

"Oh my , close enough to be calling nicknames? Does he call you Ari too?" Athanasia teased.

"Well he's did come to be my friend so nicknames is normal, but when the hell did my nickname become Ari?"

"Aw , you don't remember ? I nicknamed you Ari."

"Why does it sound so feminine? you do realize I'm supposed to be your brother."

"Precisely , I wanted a sister!"

"Then should I ask Kiel to bring his cousin along as well. Er...technically she's also our cousin."

Athanasia smacked Arius in the head.

"Idiot! I don't want Claude and Jennette to meet. Not until Claude is completely in my favour. "

"Favour, huh?..." Arius mumbled.

"Brother, should we eat something to make ourselves sick?" Athanasia asked.

"Can't we just act ?"

" Sure , but is Via gonna let you? "

"Yea don't worry about that. Plus if we were to eat something and get a stomach ache, Dad might kill the chefs who prepared todays lunch."

"Ack-right. But if he cares so much about us then he should give us some alone time! with him!" Athanasia complained.

"Yea but Gunthers right, the Lennox manage territory in the eastern borders, Vincent said he'd return in a month so we should just bear them till then. Dad does enjoy that woman's company since she's her friend. And that's a rare occurence so let's just be patient for Dad's sake."

----

Athanasia had now left for her own Palace since she realized that Raven truly had not appeared before her since the lunch. Snow was going with her to make sure she finds Raven and then returning to Arius.

In the while Athanasia was gone, Arius went and layed on his bed. Staring at the ceiling.

Time flew as he only stared at thin air, and soon came Olivia to his room.

"Your Highness, it's time for dinner with His Majesty."

"Aghh!" Arius groaned from his spot on the bed.

"Your Highness, are you feeling alright?" Olivia came closer to Arius and placed her hand on his forehead to check the temperature.

"Via, my head hurts." Arius weakly spoke.

Olivia sighed and sat beside Arius on the bed.

"Your Highness, instead of faking illness, why not tell me a reason for not going to dinner?"

Arius mentally facepalmed. Was his acting that bad? Or was Olivia just really good at these things?

"If you do not wish to go, then I won't force you, but at least tell me why?"

Arius sat up straight with a pout and frown on his face.

"...Vivia Lennox..." Arius mumbled.

Olivia just stared at him with a smile.

"Your Highness..." She spoke as she stroked his hair with her hands. Arius looked up to see her emerald eyes.

"can you please speak louder?" she asked with a smile.

"oh. uh." Arius's brain became slow at processing before becoming normal, "Vivia Lennox."

"Countess Lennox? Did she say something to you, youd highness?"

"No...but she's super close with dad and Dad also enjoys her company... he was even smiling during Lunch... Via...will I get a third mom?" Arius asked as he lowered his head.

"S-Such thoughts, Your Highness!" Olivia enclosed Arius into a gentle hug. She began rubbing his back with her hands.

"Your Highness, His Majesty... wouldn't-"

"No need to say that Via, Dad does unpredictable things at times. It's okay... I want him to be happy... its okay, but I still don't wanna go to dinner because there's a possibility she'll be there and I wouldn't wanna ruin their time." Arius smiled at Olivia.

Olivia looked at him worry dripping from her eyes. She kept rubbing Arius's back for quite some time and even sang him a Lullaby until Arius eventually fell asleep.

Finally leaving after assuring he had slept.

---

Olivia then headed to Lilian to let her know that Arius would not be going.

"The princess is also not going?" Olivia asked in surprise.

Lilian looked at her with worried eyes. Lilian's and Olivia's both were red from the edges.

"Is the reason because of Countess Lennox?" Olivia asked and Lilian nodded her head.

"Sir Felix isn't here either. I want to inform His Majesty about his children's thoughts but ... " Lilian voiced her concern.

"The current knights are also too young to talk with His Majesty confidently and voice our concerns." Olivia added.

"Shall we wait for Sir Felix to return then?"

"How long has it been since his departure?"

"Today's the third day."

----

Meanwhile between the rocky mountains of the west remained the remains of Feradona. A kingdom which after being conquered was under the governance of Isaac Villarreal. A devoted follower of Claude since decades. He used to be Claude's tutor during his teen years and even helped in devising a plan for the battle between brothers.

He had gained Claude's trust and was later entrusted with the Feradona ruins to govern and Isaac's whole household was given the rights to rule the whole territory, of course in accordance with the laws of Obelia since Feradona had become a part of Obelia.

Felix had journeyed all the way to the west of the empire, to meet Isaac and discuss the matter with him. He had brought as many as fifteen knights alongside him, since the Robane Household always produced elite swordsman and Felix was simply ordered to capture the masterminds behind the assassination attempts.

But, Felix was surprised to say the least when he saw the updates in Feradona.

"Lord Isaac...is dead?"

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!