Ch 35 : Request

By the time Arius and the rest got back, the cakes and cupcakes were ready and the celebratory party had begun!

"Wouldn't the drinks be less? Since Winslow and Willow left to buy them before Arius and Athy came."

"I bought extras, don't worry." Winslow spoke as he placed all the beverages on a table.

They all began partying. Everyone scattered to different parts of the room. Vincent and Cadell were pretending to couple dance and acting like couples making the rest of them laugh throughout.

Athanasia was busy munching on the cupcakes and cakes. Ruby and Elio got along best with Athanasia. They were in a corner, Athanasia eating the sweets while praising the taste and Ruby and Elio conversing with her about the ingredients.

Lifa and Jasper were looking at Vincent and Cadells dance. Gunther and Mia were having some sibling time and Willow and Winslow were also sitting on one of the couches viewing the dance.

Arius was sitting with the twins and began conversing with them.

"You both read books?" Arius asked and the twins nodded.

"We go to the local library. Vincent helped us make a library card. So we spend most of our time there, especially her." Winslow stated.

"What kind of books do you read?" Arius felt like he was interrogating them but he wanted to know.

"Make a guess?" Winslow asked.

Arius observed the two.

Since they're good at information gathering, they probably read informative articles.

"Informative books? About people, places and objects?"

"Hah! that's what Jasper said too." Winslow laughed at the answer.

"If he also said it , then it must be wrong." Arius sighed in defeat.

"We read all books..."  Willow answered in a low voice. "...novels especially..."

"Yea, Willow likes novels a lot. I read them as well but I focus more on knowledge-based content."

"Which genre do you like the most , Willow?"

"...Romance, Fantasy,  Mystery, Horror." She answered.

"Oh, so then have you read 'The Seven Dragons' ?" Arius asked, Willow jolted her head to Arius and shook it vertically as her eyes sparkled at the mention of the book.

I guess she likes it.

"We borrowed a few books from the library the other day, would you like to see them?" Winslow asked as he got up. Arius nodded and they headed to the twins room. Willow followed the two.

---

Arius observed the books laid on the table. On the right side were the ones Willow borrowed and on the left Winslow's. Their tastes in books were opposite to each other.

The left side was filled with Black, white , gray or simple covered books which Arius assumed were documentaries or just informative content.

The right side were books with more creative covers. Sceneries, characters and weapons were shown on the covers and the titles were fictional.

Arius preferred Willow's taste more than Winslows. He saw a few books among Willows collection which he had read before and the two engaged in a conversation about the book.

Winslow observed them as he saw Willow smiling and expressing her thoughts on the book. A smile formed on his face as he watched the two interact.

But Arius was surprised. The novels Willow read were similar to what Athanasia and Arius have read. And Athanasia and Arius are reincarnated.

Normal children would find the Vocabulary and descriptions in the book to hard to understand. But Willow was expressing her views on the books as if she understood them perfectly.

"So, What did you need from us?" Winslow asked as he sat on a chair. Willow began putting the books back in their places. Arius turned to face Winslow.

They both maintained their eyes on the others. Arius was thinking whether he should actually ask them to do it. If they leak the information to Vincent who's already a noble, it would become quite chaotic.

"Vincent is a count's son. We already know that as well." Winslow told him as he saw Arius hesitating.

"...Makes sense you two would figure it out."

"But we don't know why he's helping us- or using us..." Willow said as she placed the final book back in the drawer. Her face lost its previous expression of joy.

"It's not for something bad. So you don't need to worry." Arius assured her.

"We trust him. He saved us and gave us a home when we needed it." Winslow lowly spoke, before raising his voice back to its usual level."But you also helped us, Arius and so if you ask us to do something, rest assured. We'll keep it a secret."

"I... want you to investigate a noble. All the information about them, which is not public. Duke Roger Alpheus."

"A Duke?...hm, Okay. Is there anything specific you want us to find out? and by when do you need all the information?" Winslow asked.

Arius was a bit surprised to see him accept the request so quickly even though they might get in danger for such a shady job.

"This Duke has been trying to appoint his son or niece to be my and Athanasia's friend. He's simply trying to gain our favour for the future. But the way he was asking seemed odd. I did accept his offer for a friend. So I wanted to gain some information on said son and niece." Arius elaborated.

"I see...and by when?"

"As soon as possible, but be careful when you do so. The Duke is quite a shady man himself." Arius warned.

"Okay then."

---

"Darling~ You look stunning!"

"Oh my honeypie! You look like you ascended from heaven!"

Arius and the twins entered when Cadell and Vincent and even Gunther were in the middle of their cheesy acting. They saw almost everyone else lying on the floor exploding with laughter.

Vincent had even brought a dress for Cadell and Gunther to wear. And so their acting was in full spring. Athanasia and Lifa had done Cadell's makeup, with a bright red lipstick. While Ruby and Mia had done Gunthers.

The sun set with the laughs of the children.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment.