Ch 70 : Goodbyes

And suddenly it happened.

The man gave Arius a head pat.

"You're quite a responsible older brother. Get home safely, you two."

Arius blinked a couple times before staring at the man walk away, for good.

Was he being too dramatic?

But he could've sworn he felt bloodthirst from that man for a second.

He looked back at Athanasia who finally spoke, "That man felt dangerous. Was it just me?"

"No, I felt it too."

The two then sighed in relief.

"All thanks to your desire to get your fortune read." Arius taunted, as he walked out of the alley.

"Oh please! I felt a stare on us in the crowd, it wasn't the fortune teller, it was that weird man's stare. He was glaring at us in the crowd as well."

"He was. . .?"

"You don't trust me?"

"No it's just, that sounds weird."

"Precisely why I said 'weird man'."

"Let me guess, he wanted to kidnap us and sell our organs in the black market." Arius suggested in a dramatic tone.

"More of a reason to get out of here. Let's meet up with the rest."

______

The whole group was able to safely meet up at the fountain, all limbs still connected.

One more addition was none other than the twins. After they all met up, they once again seperated.

Edwin and Edna wanted to see a bookstore and so they all headed there, except Arius and the twins.

These three went to a secluded alley to talk.

The twins coming here only meant one thing. They were going to give their answers. Finally.

Arius gulped as he stared at the two.

". . .How much is our pay going to be?" The twins asked, catching Arius off guard.

"Y,Your pay? " He suppressed a laugh. "How much do you want?"

"Four gold coins, per month. each."

Two gold coins were enough to provide food for a normal family for a month. So four would be more than enough.

But, that being said, Arius had originally planned to give them six gold coins each month.

Oh well, I suppose I'll increase it as they work.

"Done."

The twins kneeled. "We pledge our loyalty to you."

"Okay, okay, Now stand up, we're outside."

The two stood up.

"Speaking of which, I have a task for you two. I need it done before tomorrow morning." Arius smiled.

"As you wish." The twins responded.

____________

The day ended without any more interesting events. The Villareals had dinner with the royals. The last dinner of their trip.

______________

Morning came rather quickly, too quickly. The Villareals were going to leave before breakfast so, the royals woke up at the crack of dawn to get ready to see them off.