Ch 1 : Death (Rewritten)

Ding !

Ding!

The school bell rang as all the students rushed back home. Kazuto packed his bag and headed to the library instead.

Another test is coming up next week. If I don't score highest this time. . .

He shivered upon the thought as he pulled down his uniforms arm to see the burn marks.

The cigarette burns he'd recieved from his father in last week's beating still remained fresh.

I should put some foundation to cover it up, since we have P.E lesson tomorrow. But if I use mom's foundation she'll get mad. Should I ask before using? but, what if she still gets mad?

"Fushimu-Kun!"

Kazuto flinched as he pulled his uniform down and brought his arm behind his back.

"Oh, I didn't mean to startle you. I called out a few times but you didn't respond." The woman smiled with a hint of worry in her eyes.

This was his homeroom teacher, always looking at him with worry. She was a kind person. If Kazuto told her about his problems, she would undoubtedly help him. But . . . somewhere in his heart he still wished to gain recognition from his parents by his own efforts.

"The library, again?" She asked, maintaining her cheery expression.

"Uh, yes. . ."

"You know, school isn't all about studying. Maybe make some friends, hang out with the rest of your peers. You're in your youth, you should cherish and enjoy these moments before you lose them. Well?"

Kazuto looked out of the window to see a group of children playing tag. Friends, huh?

He smiled slightly at the thought of it. "Thank you for worrying about me, but I do have several friends. They just don't go to the same school."

"Oh, that's nice."

"They're wonderful people, so you needn't worry."

"Is that so? Well then, I was worried for no reason. Introduce them to me someday, will you? " The teacher asked giddily.

"Uh, that, that might be hard."

"Oh, that's too bad. "

"Uh, excuse me? I should really be going now." Kazuto bowed before walking away.

"Right, goodluck for the test next week!" The teacher shouted from behind as Kazuto took a turn from the hall.

Kazuto paused after taking the turn.

I can't introduce them to you, because. . . because they're not in this world. They're real. All the billions of anime characters and comic characters I've ever watched. They're real to me. And they're all my friends. They make me smile, laugh and cry too. They make me feel more alive than I ever feel. I have music too. And that's enough. These two things are enough for me. Enough to help me keep going. They're all I need.

Kazuto concluded as he took a firm step ahead.

_____

He sighed before entering his prison of a home.

". . .I'm back." He announced as he took off his shoes at the doorway and entered to see neither of his parents caring to look in his direction.

Ignoring me is better than shouting at me.