Clone Wars: The Hidden Enemy

Start from the beginning

"Gabby?! What are you doing here?!" Anakin said.

"Um..." Gabby began.

"We'll worry about this later," said Anakin, and he called for help. "Gunship, come in. Hawk, we need an evac in the south tower."

"Roger that, sir. We're coming." said Hawk.

"South tower? We're in the north." Rex pointed out.

"Not for long," said Anakin, taking out his lightsaber, which he used to make an X on the window in front of him, then used the Force to blast the glass clean off. "Rex, fire your cables."

Three clones fired some cables across to the south tower. Anakin had Gabby piggyback on him as he and the clones swung across the cables and burst into the south tower, where Anakin met Obi-Wan and declared the path clear.

"How did you get over here? And how did she get here?" Obi-Wan asked, noticing the child on his former Padawan's back."

"I improvised, and apparently she stowed away." Anakin said.

The Jedi fought through the droids and then entered an elevator to get to the roof where they would meet their evac ship, but there was none at the moment.

"Now what?" Anakin said.

And that was when more battle droids came in, leading the clones and Jedi to fight again. Luckily, their evac ship soon arrived. The clones and the Jedi all rushed as quickly as they could to get to the evacuation ship and escape the droids, and they managed to take a tactical droid's head, which Rex believed might hold intel as to how the Separatists knew their plans.

Later, as Anakin and Gabby were alone somewhere, Gabby sat down and looked down shamefully.

"Gabriella Rosella Amidala-Skywalker..." Anakin started. Full name, Gabby knew could not be a good sign. "What in the galaxy were you thinking? Don't answer that, you weren't thinking. Do you have any idea how much trouble you're in right now?"

Gabby said nothing. Tears just came to her eyes. She'd never seen her father this mad at her before, not even when she accidentally spilled juice on his tablet.

"You could've gotten yourself killed out there! There's a reason little girls don't fight in battle."

"I just wanted to fight for the people I love like you told me." Gabby said, trying to hold back her sobs. "I wanted to prove I'm not too little to fight for our home."

Anakin thought back and realized what his daughter meant. He sighed and knelt down to his daughter.

"Gabby, fighting for the people we love is different from being reckless and putting ourselves in danger." Anakin said. "And it's true, you're not big and can't even use the Force yet. But you can do things to help the Republic. Just, not fighting in battle. Once it's safe, we're gonna put you on a ship to get you back home, okay?"

Gabby sighed and said, "Okay, Daddy."

Anakin wiped Gabby's tears away and picked her up in a hug.

"I love you, Princess. I don't wanna lose you." Anakin said. "You'll become a strong fighter someday. Just not today."

Clone Captains Cody and Rex plugged the severed tactical droid's head into the briefing table and found that it did know their intel, but it shorted out before it could tell them anything else.

"Blast!" Cody cursed.

"Well, at least we're not the only ones having a bad day." Anakin said quietly, but loudly enough for the clones to hear him.

"Generals. Why are we whispering?" Cody asked.

Anakin motioned to a certain princess who was sleeping in his arms.