Gryffindor v. Hufflepuff

Start from the beginning

"Looks like Potter spotted the snitch. He dives, Diggory does too. Looks like Harry's occupied. Move Harry Move! And Diggory gets the snitch. Someone check on Potter, I don't think his arms supposed to do that."

I run down the field and see the dementors leaving and Harry being carried to the infirmary. I chase after them. Once we make it back to the infirmary Madame Pomfrey assures us he'll be just fine. I found the twins who came in a few moments later.

"Where's Wood?" I ask.

"Still in the changing rooms. We think he's trying to drown himself in the showers." Fred says.

"Diggory requested a rematch since he didn't know Harry had fallen or about the dementors. Wood said it was all fair though," George adds.

"Well let's go check on him!? We can't let the Gryffindor captain and keeper drown, can we?" I say grabbing the twins to head to the changing rooms.

We get to the changing rooms and I charge into the boys restrooms.

"Woah there Ash. I get that you want to see he's okay but this is the boys changing room," George stops me.

"Ok?"

"Didn't know you wanted to see a wand that badly," Fred laughs.

"Ash, Wood's in the shower right now. He's probably naked," George explains.

"I'm not naked. What are you all doing here," Wood yells from the showers.

The three of us head to the showers where we see Oliver wood. Fully dressed in his quidditch uniform drenched in the shower. It's obvious he was crying.

"Oi, come on now. It's just one game. You could still win the cup.You all played well. You were ahead by 50 points," I say, patting Oliver's back.

"Yeah Wood, if they lose a few games and we win a few we could still play for the cup," George says.

"Besides, this whole ordeal probably earned you the sympathy of a few girls. I reckon you'll get a girlfriend by the end of the day," Fred jokes.

"Can it. All of you. 'specially you Fred," Oliver puts his head back under the water.

He really was trying to drown himself. I pull him out from under the water but instead he pulls me into a hug and cries into my shoulder. Great. Now I'm drenched. I look to the twins for help and the just shrug and laugh at my struggle. I give in and hug Oliver back, petting his head.

"How are we going to beat Slytherin if we can't even beat Hufflepuff," Oliver sobs.

I shove Oliver off of me and to his feet. He just looks at me and leans in to cry on my shoulder again. The only thing that changed was the altitude.

"Fred, a little help?" I say.

He just chuckles and whispers a joke to George, who laughs. I glare at both of them and grab Oliver's shoulder so he can look at me.

"Get it together Wood. How about tomorrow we wake up bright and early and I teach you some tactics against Slytherin," I say curtly.

He slowly nods but goes back to crying.

"So help me Wood. IF YOU KEEP CRYING LIKE THIS I WILL MAKE YOU FORGET EVERYTHING I'VE TAUGHT YOU. You and you're whole team played wonderfully today. It just so happened that dementors are horrible and Harry fell. Though you can't catch a cold. Now dry off, put on some clothes, and meet me outside," I order.

I walk out to give Oliver some time and find a towel to dry off with.

"I don't remember reacting that way when you cried into my robes at the beginning of the year," Fred whispers as the twins follow me out.