Third task

The last task was beginning. Fred had come down to say his last goodbyes. My other friends did it before but Fred is dramatic so he chose this moment.

"You're going to come back alive alright. You don't have to win. We don't need the 1000 galleons more than we need you," Fred says.

"I'll obviously try," I hold his hand. I look at him, trying to search his eyes for something. I wasn't sure what exactly. They shone. I could see a thousand emotions in them. Emotions that I didn't feel like deciphering right now.

"You'll make it out, I know you will. Your prophecy isn't complete yet. You're too good to die in a bush," Fred kisses my forehead.

"Sending away the love of your life with a forehead kiss. Real cute," I smile.

Fred hesitates for a second. Just a second before he smiles and looks into the maze. Calculating the chance of me walking out of it later.

"I'll be right here when you come back out," Fred smiles and runs to the stands.

I straighten up and head to the maze. They announce the beginning and I see all the champions go into their section. Cedric falls flat on his face and I laugh. He followed through on Nevilles dare. I walk straight. I fire a few destruction spells and fire spells. I walk through the maze in a straight line. The straight path was going to be the quickest to the middle. I see the trophy and the maze engulfes me in it's leaves. They haven't been giving me any trouble so far. Why now? I had encountered a few trolls and gremlins, I just trapped them or threw them over. I heard a few screams once in a while but I could tell that we were too far apart. I blast my way out of the leaves but they just grow back. I use three spells at once and rush out. A metal wall appears right in front of me. I couldn't blast it or burn it. I use wingardium leviosa and fly myself over it. While I was up here I could see Viktor being pulled out of the maze and Fleur struggling in some foliage. I send a few spells to help her when I see Harry approaching the trophy with Cedric on his tail. I fly over the wall. It looks like they made an agreement to touch the trophy at the same time. I fly towards them as quickly as I could and touch it at the same moment they do.

We were transported to a graveyard. It was a portkey. I summon a shield around us. We needed to be safe while we figured out what was happening.

"I'm glad you could make it," young tom riddle says.

"Voldemort?" I ask.

"The very same."

I feel a pain in my chest this. How did I not notice this was the mistake urging for a rewind, I let Tom Riddle go in my second year at Hogwarts.

"I have to say, your skills impressed me. Though after seeing you compete, my resolve to capture you has faltered. You almost died multiple times becuase of your refusal to use wandless magic and dark magic. I know you can do both and yet, you didn't," Tom circles us.

Did he not know I was also an animagus?

"Of course the chosen one was the primary goal, you were a nice bonus. Unfortunately Diggory had to tag along. Kill the boys I want to talk to the girl," Tom orders his minions.

I try and hold the sheild, Cedric helps.

"Harry, what do we do?" I ask.

"H-how would I know?"

"You defeated him once, do it again!" I strain.

There were cracks in our shield when Harry joined in to help us. It wouldn't work. It was 10 against three and I've never been adept in defensive magic. 10 fully grown wizards against one underage one and 2 severly underaged ones.