Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Time For Some Battle!

----

"You guys ready?" Ash exclaims with a determined look as he gazes at the doors of his first Gym. At his right was Charmeleon standing with his tail flame burning brightly behind his back. To his right was Riolu standing like the loyal canine he is. Pikachu was perched on his shoulder like always.

All of them were sporting the same determined look and looked as though they were ready for all the challenges they'll face.

Ash and his pokemon had been training for 2 weeks repeatedly, only resting for food, sleep and other necessary activities. Ash believed that they are finally ready to challenge Blaine after the second week of their training and declared that they will challenge Blaine again for the badge.

"Let's get in." Ash exclaims while pushing the door open and enters the room with his pokemon following him obediently.

Ash makes his way to the place he had his battle last time and sees Blaine tending a Rhyhorn. Blaine notices him and addresses him.

"Ash Ketchum... I see that your back again. I advised you to come here only after your sixth badge?" Blaine says with a scowl. "No... I'll battle you now. I... Ash Ketchum... Challenge you again for the Volcano badge." Ash challenges with a determined look.

"Hmm... Whatever you wish... I don't accept challenges three times... If you don't win this time... You should forget about winning the Volcano badge!" Blaine says and returns the Rhyhorn that he was grooming.

"Nahh... I plan on winning this time." Ash exclaims with a cocky look.

"Hmm... Enough words... The battle will be a 3 on 3... Whoever losses all three pokemons losses. No time limit! Understood?" Blaine explains the rules to Ash. "Crystal!" Ash replies.

"The gym leader will choose first." Blaine says and throws a pokeball into the ring. Out of the pokeball came out a strong looking Ninetales. With nine strong tails swinging behind it. The Ninetales looked strong and well trained.

"Wow... It looks strong." Ash exclaims and motions for Pikachu to enter the ring. "Don't worry Ash... This Ninetales isn't my strongest Ninetails!" Blaine inform Ash to which he nods his head.

"Challenger gets to attack first!"

"Okay... Pikachu Quick Attack!" Ash commands and Pikachu starts running with a white streak behind him. "Ninetales... Meet head on with Fire Spin!" Blaine counters.

"Pikachu stop and use Thunder shock!" Ash quickly says and Pikachu fires a strong electric attack at Ninetales. Ninetales gets hit with the strong attack and cries out in pain.

"Ninetales... Get over it..." Blaine says and Ninetales shrugs off the attack.

'Hmm... The Vulpix line aren't known for durability and firepower. I'll just have to hit them over and over again!' Ash thinks in his mind. "Pikachu don't give time for Ninetales to recover... Use Quick Attack!"

"Ninetales use Safeguard." Blaine says and a green barrier forms in front of Ninetales. Pikachu hits the barrier with his Quick Attack and recoils back in pain.

"Are you alright buddy?" Ash questions while looking at Pikachu. Pikachu quickly gets over the pain and gives him a thumbs up to show that he was fine. "Great... Use Swift." Pikachu nods and jumps into the air. In the air, Pikachu does a summersault and fires large amount of tiny stars at Ninetales.

"Ninetales, burn it down with Ember!" Ninetales counters Pikachu's attack with ember.

"Pikachu Quick Attack to get in close!" Ash commands and Pikachu follows. "Now use full powered Thunder Shock." Pikachu fires a strong looking thunder shock at Ninetales.

Ōrasutairu (A pokemon Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara