Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Final!

-

"We will fight for the final badge today," Ash told all his Pokemon with a serious look. He had Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu, Dragonite, Vaporeon, and Bulbasaur with him.

"Remember, the gym leader of VeridianCityy is not only the strongest gym leader but also the leader of Team Rocket." Ash calmly states.

"We can only leave this Gym if we win. If we lose, our future, and our goals, all of it will be destroyed. I am not letting that happen..." Ash said with certainty.

"Give it your all." Ash smiled at all his Pokemon. "Let's show him who's the strongest around. We'll make sure we leave the leader's Pokemon in a condition where they can no longer continue to battle, that's the punishment they get for following that thief's command."

With that, Ash turned around to look at the giant city of Viridian. 'One more step, the last step.' Ash thought before recalling all his Pokemon except Pikachu and Charizard. Pikachu ran and jumped onto Ash's shoulder with a smile.

"Please take me to the gym Charizard," Ash said as he got on top of Charizard and the three of them flew to the Gym. The gym was a giant building with a giant Pokeball on top of it.

Charizard landed near the gate and Ash recalled him before going up to the guards. "Name..." The guard said without a flinch.

"Red..." Ash said and noticed the guard's aura shift.

The guard nodded and opened the gates before allowing Ash to walk in. He saw Giovanni sitting on the other side of the gym on a throne, smirking at him.

"You're finally here, Red... Or should I say, Ash Ketchum," Giovanni smirked getting a frown from Ash. After his escape, Giovanni used Mewtwo to search for Red's details just to find out that his name is Ash Ketchum. At first, he thought of attacking Ash's family to show him his place but stopped himself when he saw that Ash was from Pallet Town. Of all things, he didn't want to incur the wrath of the Legendary Oak, so he decided to wait for Ash to come to his gym.

"You scum... I am here to destroy you." Ash calmly stated. He pulled out a Pokeball and threw it onto the battlefield. Out came his mighty Dragonite who roared after seeing the leader of Team Rocket.

"Magnificent, you brought your pseudo-legendary to my doorstep," Giovanni said with a smirk. He released his Rhydon which roared back at Dragonite.

'Calm down Ash.' Ash told himself before taking a deep breath.

"Dragon Pulse." As he said that, Dragonite fired the strong Dragon attack at Rhydon who used Protect to create a barrier in front of him.

Suddenly, Dragonite found himself dodging giant rocks that were aimed at him. "Use Aqua Jet." Covering himself in a veil of water, Dragonite shot towards Rhydon who took the attack head-on. Rhydon was pushed a few feet back but he wasn't hurt by the attack.

'A type advantage attack but still that monster survives.' Ash thinks and sees Giovanni smirk.

"Ash Ketchum, I am using my real Pokemon team against you. I usually use my other Pokemon against the other trainers, let's see how you destroy me." Giovanni mocks with a smirk. "Don't worry, I am not a monster to throw all my Pokemon at you are once, you'll fight all of my behemoths one after another."

"Dragonite, twister."

The whole arena was covered by the dragonic energy-influenced tornado. Ash frowned, he could see that Rhydon was holding itself in the ground. Right after the twister ended, Dragonite was hit by a rock making him groan in pain. Ash's eyes widened as Dragonite was bombarded with several rocks, throwing him to the ground.