Only One Me

I got checked in. While we were waiting Mark and I were watching NBA while waiting to go back. I forgot it takes a while before you go back. I hate the long wait, but big city, big office. My name is somehow called back after waiting 10 minutes. We walked back. The nurse wanted me to state my name and birthday. They took my weight. I lost 5 pounds. That's not good at all. Mark was worried about that, but I have been losing my appetite from my disease. Dean and uncle Steve knew my disease. We walked back to the room. They took my vitals. Blood Pressure good. Oxygen levels good. Heart rate is normal. I was asked basic questions. The nurse left. We sat there for a while. Doctor came in 5 minutes later. "Hello Emily! I'm Doctor Hease. I see you are here for two follow up appointments?" I nodded my head. Mark looked at me confused. "Two?" He said under his breathe. The doctor said "Let's start with the concussion. Let me look at your eyes." She looked at my eyes." Follow my finger." I tried to follow her finger but it wasn't going so well. "Well you still have a concussion that's for sure." "I'm honestly not that surprised." I said nervous. "Well I would still take off two weeks of work off. Alright well I will get the hematologist in here for your IDA (Iron Deficiencyn Anemia)." the doctor said that shaking my hand. The doctor left the room. Mark stood up, face red. "What the hell is IDA?" he said angry. "Mark come on let's go to the waiting room." said Dean. "No. Emily tell me what it is!" Mark said fuming. "Mark please go to the waiting room." I said quietly. I looked at him scared. He took an angry sigh and left for the waiting room with Dean. My uncle came and comfort me while Mark was stomping off. The doctor came in and prescribed me iron medicine and birth control to stop my period so my iron levels can go up. After 20 minutes we came into the lobby and Mark calmed. I didn't look at him and talk to him. Dean and him got up and walked with us. I needed my blood drawed real quick. We went down to the lab quick to get a quick blood draw. I only went back myself. I came out dizzy. Dean came and got me. Mark still calm but I know he is still angry with me. We got to the truck on the way home. It was quite. I sat in the front this time. Dean in the back. Half an hour later we were home. Mark went with my uncle because my uncle wanted to show him his new side by side. I went into the house and went straight for the swing. I layed this thinking of what the doctor said to me. "Are you ok Emily?" said Dean. "I guess, it's whatever." "I know sis, you know how Mark gets." I sighed and nodded. "Do you know if he will be going back home?" I asked. "He told me that he is not. He is to worried about you. He is just angry that you didn't tell him." "Well it's not my fault that we found out when I was in Norway when him and I were not on good terms." The door opened. It was him. I sighed and looked away. He sat in the chair next to Dean and the table. "Dean can you give us a couple minutes please?" Mark asked. Dean looked at me and I nodded. Dean left. We both sat there. I was nervous that he was gonna yell at me. He got up and layed next to me. He looked at me dead in the eye. "Emily I'm sorry that I freaked out, but you need to tell me these things. I was wondering why you weren't eating much." he said touching my cheek. I started to cry. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I wasn't thinking about it when we got back together. I would've texted you when I figured out but you know that we were not on good terms. I'm so sorry Mark." I said balling. He hugged me. Holding me close to him letting me cry into his shoulder. There is only one me and Mark knows that. The door opened up fast "Emily, Mark won't like this!" said Dean. Mark and I looked confused. "Elizabeth is here!" Dean said.