17. Under The Sky

Start from the beginning

"I can't reach there, Taehyung-ah."

Seungkwan said, his hand stretched to stick the ribbons on the ceiling as he looked down at Taehyung. The council secretary only let out a small sigh and gave his tablet to Yuna who was standing next to him.

"That's why you and Jiminie are always in the same team, midgets"

Taehyung said, trying to get on the ladder. The crowd around him laughed while Jimin threw a glare at his side. Before he could get on the ladder, Seungkwan tried to move a little to step down and his hold on the ribbons loosened, making it all fall on top of Taehyung who let out a scream. Everyone gasped the moment when they found Taehyung standing in the middle, the colorful ribbons on him.

"Not on me, you duffers..."

With a giggle, Taehyung voiced out and then the students around him laughed at the whole scene. Taehyung collected the ribbons on him when Jimin screamed from the corner.

"Babe, do a twirl for me..."

And Taehyung did, Wearing the ribbons around his hip as if it was the floating skirt of Cinderella's gown, he did a twirl, the people around him whistled, cheering for him in their loud voice while Taehyung flushed like a newly bloomed petal. All for a moment, then Namjoon called out from the corner.

"Tae, you'd be a great Victoria's Secret model, honey. Trust me..."

The cheers got louder when everyone glanced at Namjoon who winked at Taehyung. The said younger smirked at him, placing his hand on his hips, Taehyung did a ramp walk for the crowd, enjoying the limelight on him and the glees of his friends.

They all enjoyed the show really well, students threw comments about how Taehyung looked pretty even in that mess and something like how he could pull up everything like a professional. Taehyung was beyond happy to bask at the moment, fulfilling his desire to be a model at least in that way.

Later then, they shifted to concentrate on their work, arranging the hall with decors and lights, chit-chatting and laughing loud.

Jungkook was watching all these from afar. He knew Taehyung could be a showstopper at the very first sight, with his bubbly attitude and bright charisma. At least he figured that right about the one he met in the library, days ago.

But he never knew that Taehyung was this chaotic and close to the student council. He decided to shake off the thoughts and concentrate on his own doings.

Pulling out his favorite notebook from his backpack, he leaned on the wall, fiddling with the pencil in his hand. He turned the pages while keeping his eyes on the students wandering around. He could see how the dance team was trying new steps, the slow music, and the murmuring of the students was filling in his head, but his heart had a clear picture of what to draw on the blank page in front of him.

On a night, when the rain falls over the forest, the boy in white Hanbok dances around, drowned in the music of the woods, away from the chaos of people.

Before he could know it, his hands were already outlining the picture his heart wanted.

While everyone was busy in their own world, Jungkook breathed calmly while finishing his painting. He could feel the familiar sting in the dip of his heart but he chose not to think about it. Yoongi sat next to him, eyes gazing fondly at the students. Some he knew, some he didn't.

"I think... you should forget the past..."

The elder was calm and collected, his gaze still lingering on his fellow students. He wanted to grab Jungkook's attention and when the other glanced at his side, their eyes met.