17. Under The Sky

To exist in a place where he felt colder than the ice, feet moving without an aim, days counting like the fallen leaves of a maple tree, Jeon Jungkook had given his everything to just exist in a place like that. An abyss that could embrace him wholly. A facade that could hide his reality. He needed that. He craved that.

His existence was in turmoil. Jungkook hated to accept that there was no way out, and he had to go through with it, whatever the fricking fate this was.

Jungkook paused for a bit, his toes hurt after the intense dance workout. When his breathing became normal, he rubbed his feet, and stretched his body, feeling the pain all over yet he felt refreshed. After what felt like decades, he had danced his heart out, but the heaviness didn't go away.

The weight of his thoughts that haunts him every night he spends in his dark room with only a string of candlelight would come back often, making him weak on his knees. And that's why Jungkook gave his legs energy, letting out all those pent-up emotions with strong grooves.

What a relief, he had his dance as an escape. He felt bad about someone who doesn't have a way out. He feels bad for his prince.

"You look like a stone, congratulations"

The words snapped him out of his trance, and with a mischievous glint, the elder sat next to him. That's only when he stared around the room. It was their uni auditorium where the students participating in artfest were gathered, arranging the hall with decors and fairy lights, some chit-chatting loud while some practicing on corners.

Jungkook is just one of them. Since all the other students were busy with their doings, it was easy for him to pull up his bucket hat, and hide in his grey sweater as if the world doesn't even exist. But now that Yoongi reminded him of the surroundings, he couldn't help but stay conscious about the place he was in.

"I'm so tired..."

Jungkook muttered, pulling his bucket cap down and hugging his knees tight while bringing them to his chest. He leaned back on the wall, eyes wandering around, scanning the chaos the students made in the hall. They all have a world, which might be a beautiful one, and Jungkook feels jealous. He can't go back to his world which was revolving around one person.

"Then go home..."

Yoongi said, massaging his hair to make him relax. You see, that's the problem. Jungkook feels like he has no home left to go to. A hefty sigh left his lips, hands clutched his heart as he placed his head atop his arms.

"Don't wanna..."

He mumbled while staying like that, feeling Yoongi's hands softening against his tensed body. He could feel his eyes slowly closing, the whole chaos and noise behind him falling into a haze as he felt everything getting blurred. Jungkook stayed like that, thankful that Yoongi didn't say anything further.

Though his eyes were in a daze, Jungkook could still feel everything around him. He could hear a cheerful voice from afar that screamed to the fellow students in the hall.

"Yah! tie the ribbon from the top to this end like this and then we can light up the chandelier."

The voice chimed in his ear, he glanced once at the students in the center of the hall, the one speaking was holding his iPad while showing the picture to a fellow student council member who was decorating the ceiling.

The other was standing on top of the ladder, while Kim Taehyung was on the floor. Both council members looked at each other, Seungkwan holding the colorful ribbons in his hands, as the Secretary showed him his iPad. For a moment, Jungkook felt his eyes gaining back vision.