20. Lost ways

"What did he say?"

Jungkook asked softly, settling on the coffee table in front of Taehyung. He gave Taehyung the towel in his hand, and the elder accepted it with a polite smile.

Jungkook wanted to assure him that there was no big deal with him staying there, but he discarded the thought since Taehyung seemed pretty comfortable. Also, have Yoongi and Taehyung known each other before?

Eyes widened at the question, Taehyung lowered his head, mind already wandering to fetch a satisfying answer for Jungkook. He shook his head, plastering a small smile on his lips, and patted his damp hair with the towel.

"Just... Some uni stuff..."

Jungkook didn't seem convinced so Taehyung tried again.

"You know, about the artfest coming up..."

"Hmm... How are you feeling?"

That's only when Taehyung realized the state he was in. His clothes still sticking to his skin, the space under his feet was like a river, only making him smile sheepishly, there was an itch inside his nose that he wanted to sneeze out at the right moment but he kept it to himself, restraining himself from embarrassing more in front of Jeon his beloved Jungkook.

"Umm... I'm sorry, I'll just clean it up--"

"Hey, don't worry about it. And, maybe I could help you with a pair of new clothes so that you don't catch a cold."

Jungkook offered, standing up from the position. Taehyung was fast in reflex to hold Jungkook's hand and stop him on the track. They both almost collided with each other, but the elder placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder, keeping them in place.

"Oh, no. Please don't. I'm really fi--"

And then he sneezed, too late to cover it with his hands. Taehyung lowered his head in embarrassment, tightly closing his eyes and clutching Jungkook's shirt.

A string of apologies laced with his flustered gaze was thrown out to Jungkook's way, Taehyung couldn't help but strongly pray to disappear.

"I would like to take that offer if you don't mind..."

Taehyung whispered, still holding Jungkook's shoulder. His one hand went to grab a tissue from the coffee table and wiped the younger's face, eyes still keeping the apologetic gaze, face flushed like a wildflower just bloomed.

He let his hand wander all over Jungkook's face, forgetting the fact that the other was standing there literally frozen, not knowing what to say or do.

They were inches apart, noses slightly touching and breath mingling, chests heaving up and down rhythmically. When they thought they were lost in the moment, Jungkook cleared his throat and averted his gaze.

"Ugh, you... You can use the washroom, I'll get you the clothes."

Taehyung nodded, stepping a bit away from Jungkook, suddenly missing the warmth they just shared unknowingly. He placed a hand on his heart, feeling the racing beats under his palm as the adrenaline rushed through his veins.

Well, Taehyung was way past the stage of fear of Jungkook knowing his erratic heartbeats, because he knew. The frequency that lingered between them was far from letting the other know what Taehyung's feelings were for him.

He followed Jungkook silently, taking a glance around their dorm. As they entered the room, Taehyung stiffened when Jungkook looked back at him.

He walked toward the bathroom, took the hint, and closed the door leaving Jungkook to choose a pair of clothing for him. Jungkook then sat on the bed, took out his phone, and scrolled through one app to another.